Undisguised Plea For Good Luck Wishes

Business By karateka Updated 1 Jun 2009 , 1:32am by JGMB

karateka Posted 31 May 2009 , 12:26am
post #1 of 14

I'm here asking for good luck wishes. Yep, I'm down to that. I haven't booked a wedding in so long.....but I have a tasting this Sunday. I made white, chocolate, and carrot cake. I so hope she likes it. She didn't ask for any, but I'm going to have some fillings out too, and also a fondant sample.

Wish me luck!

That's all I wanted. Thanks! icon_lol.gif

(yes.....I'm nuts.)

13 replies
favrtdtr Posted 31 May 2009 , 12:30am
post #2 of 14

You're not nuts and I'll send my good luck wishes your way. Sounds like a really good plan for your tasting and I hope it goes well. What language is your avatar in and what does it mean?

joenshan Posted 31 May 2009 , 12:39am
post #3 of 14

Good Luck...wedding cake dust to you....

kathys90 Posted 31 May 2009 , 12:42am
post #4 of 14

Good Luck! It'll be great and she'll love all the effort you put into it! You can't lose!

kylekaitlyn Posted 31 May 2009 , 12:47am
post #5 of 14

Good luck. I'm sure your cakes will speak for themselves.

kylekaitlyn Posted 31 May 2009 , 12:49am
post #6 of 14

Good luck. I'm sure your cakes will speak for themselves.

Malakin Posted 31 May 2009 , 12:50am
post #7 of 14

Sprinkling good fairy dust your way! May the cake fairys be with you and send good luck over every cake endeavor you wish for!

nannie Posted 31 May 2009 , 1:00am
post #8 of 14

sending lots of happy thoughts you way thumbs_up.gif

aligotmatt Posted 31 May 2009 , 1:02am
post #9 of 14

Good luck!

karateka Posted 31 May 2009 , 12:46pm
post #10 of 14

Thank you! I feel so lucky now, I'm sure it will go well. I'll let you guys know!

JGMB Posted 31 May 2009 , 1:03pm
post #11 of 14

Wait -- one more!!! I hope I'm not too late. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

-K8memphis Posted 31 May 2009 , 1:03pm
post #12 of 14

You got it, CakeBuddy.

I mean I think you're nuts~butter pecan maybe or Italian cream~nothing wrong with that!

one of many nutjobs (here)

I recently got some nibbles--naw nothing developed.
Recently got one booked--whoot whooot--very unfortunatley
the wedding, the whole marriage has been called off.
Geez that cake I designed rocked too--may need to do a dummy...

I know one of us can do it!!!!!! icon_lol.gif Tag, you're it!!!
Go CakeBuddy Go CakeBuddy!!!

karateka Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 12:37am
post #13 of 14

I wanted to thank all of you for the luck wishes. She did actually show up, which is a victory on its own. She did not put a deposit down. I thought things were going well, but mom asked what happens if I get sick. I had to admit that although I would do my best to find another baker, if nobody was available, their only option was a full refund, as I am a one woman show.

They seemed impressed that I didn't prevaricate on the answer, but only time will tell if they were impressed enough to hire me.

I guess I still need luck, but I wanted to say thanks for indulging me! I'll let you know if I hear back.

JGMB Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 1:32am
post #14 of 14

It tickled me to see you use the word "prevaricate"! My mom always uses that word -- maybe it's an OH thing? She's from Poland, a small town near Youngstown.

Quote by @%username% on %date%