Cake Camp

Decorating By paulstonia Updated 2 Jun 2009 , 1:56am by paulstonia

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 30 May 2009 , 11:48pm
post #1 of 11

Well, I did it, just signed up for cake camp! I'm so excited to go but never spend that kind of money on myself, so I feel guilty too. icon_redface.gif Anyone else going?

10 replies
SpudCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpudCake Posted 31 May 2009 , 12:57am
post #2 of 11

I'm going. I went a couple of years ago and had a great time. I am really looking forward to this year. I have classes with Colette Peters, Nicolas Lodge and Ronald Winbekler.

Joanne usaribbon.gif

paulstonia Posted 31 May 2009 , 3:14am
post #3 of 11

I wanted to go last year but found out about it too late to be able to afford it. This year I was determined to go cause they're not doing it next year, not until 2011. I'm pretty new to decorating and don't know enough to pick my classes by the best instructors. I took the ones I thought I could learn the most from. Since you've gone before, can I ask what the banquet was like?

SpudCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpudCake Posted 31 May 2009 , 2:55pm
post #4 of 11

It wasn't formal attire if that is what you are asking. Food wise, I don't really remember. It was buffet style if I recall correctly. I remember that because I took a picture of Colette and Nicolas together in line. Sorry it's been three years so I don't remember detailss that well. There were others from CC there as well.

Joanne usaribbon.gif

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 31 May 2009 , 3:03pm
post #5 of 11

Wish I could go...maybe one of these days!!! icon_smile.gif

AbouttheCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AbouttheCake Posted 31 May 2009 , 3:05pm
post #6 of 11

Cake Camp is really fun. The banquet last year was supposed to be pretty formal, although not everyone dressed up. I think they have a different theme each time, so check the website to find out. Someone mentioned a costume party/contest but am not sure that what's all about.

Sign up for what you're most interested in. There are a lot of classes and subjects being offered and some are the similar subjects being taught by different teachers.

I don't know of anyone on the instructor list who's not a good teacher.

If you're pretty new to cakes, Anna Weisend's classes are great for beginners. She's teaching candy clay, fundamentals in gumpaste and wedding cake construction. (hmmmm, she's a friend of mine, lol).

paulstonia Posted 31 May 2009 , 6:24pm
post #7 of 11

Thanks for the information everyone. I'm excited, I took a class on designing your own cake, that one should be great. Maybe I won't have to copy all of you so often icon_smile.gif
Three of the classes I signed up for are taught by the same teachers. It's funny cause it was just coincidence. I'm glad to hear there will be other CCer's there. I don't have any friends around here that also decorate, so I'm going solo. I'm glad to hear the banquet isn't all that formal. It's fun to get dressed up but I don't really have any truly formal wear.

BakeLoveMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeLoveMom Posted 31 May 2009 , 6:30pm
post #8 of 11

What, when, and where is Cake Camp???? Sorry I am out of the loop.

Thanks,
Sarah

paulstonia Posted 31 May 2009 , 6:38pm
post #9 of 11

It's in Las Vegas. Sept. 17- 20. You can get all the info at Ca. Cake Club sight. Just google it, I don't know how to do link, sorry. You have to be a member of the Ca. Cake Club to go but that's just $20 a year. There are tons of classes.

BakeLoveMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeLoveMom Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 7:27pm
post #10 of 11

Thanks for the info, I will check it out...I said something to my hubby and he said only one trip to vegas a year....(I am going in July for my sister's bachelorette party) I will for sure save up for next year. I don't have any cake friends that would go with me though...do you guys go by yourselves or do you take someone???

Thanks,
Sarah

paulstonia Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 1:56am
post #11 of 11

I'm going alone. My brother lives in Vegas so I'll be staying at his house but I won't know anyone at camp that's why I was really hoping other CCers would be there. Oh, and they aren't having another until 2011. I found out to late last year so I was determined to go this year especially when I heard they weren't doing it next year.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%