I Need Help Asap

Decorating By THECAKEPLACE Updated 31 May 2009 , 1:31pm by THECAKEPLACE

THECAKEPLACE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
THECAKEPLACE Posted 30 May 2009 , 10:27pm
post #1 of 5

I need to make a whipped cream frosting today and the recipe i have is not working (for some reason the liquid separated ) any help and or recipes would be greatly appreciated.

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 May 2009 , 10:42pm
post #2 of 5

I just made 2 quarts of cream into whipped cream this week. But I used it for filling a torted half sheet cake that was loaded with three quarts of strawberries.

The best way I know to make it is be sure everything is nice & cold.
Put cream (holds one quart comfortably) in KA type mixer with whip attachment and beat at about speed 4 for a while-3-4-5 mins or something--up it to the next speed for awhile--up it to the next speed--watch it and when it starts looking non liquid but it looks like it's clearly leaving tracks and acting fluffier aka soft peak stage--add your vanilla and powdered sugar--I just guess--add it lightly--don't dump it in--up the speed to 8 for a while--up it to 10--watch it so it doesn't turn to butter --but you want it to be pretty and firm and well established as whipped cream--nice & fluffy and firm but not butter.

The slow process of beating gets all the molecules invovled in the process --rather than just whipping the daylights out of it from the get go and missing some of the molecules and the water leaking out and causing that weeping.

This stuff does not weep and need no further stabilization. It does require refrigeration and watch out for frige smells attacking it. It's a sponge for frige odors.

For a light fluffy, much more smooth much more stable icing--I use Swiss meringue buttercream--which is actually what I iced that strawberry filled cake with.

Whipped cream icing will not hold onto any of your layers or anything--does not deliver well for me. The smbc is loaded with butter of course and that cold butter grabs on and holds things together.

I don't know if I'm close to the answer you need but anyhow...there it is.

Good luck, CakeBuddy

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 30 May 2009 , 10:47pm
post #3 of 5

Hi,

If you're looking for a stabilized whipped cream that you can use as a frosting or filling, here is one that I have used with success.

It still needs to be refrigerated, but the gelatin helps keep it together.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Stabilized-Whipped-Cream-Icing/Detail.aspx

HTH
Deb icon_smile.gif

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 30 May 2009 , 10:54pm
post #4 of 5

I add some piping gel to stabilize it, not more than a few teaspoons

THECAKEPLACE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
THECAKEPLACE Posted 31 May 2009 , 1:31pm
post #5 of 5

THANK YOU EVERYONE I REALLY APPRECIATE IT. i WILL TRY TODAY

Quote by @%username% on %date%