Really Need Help With This Complaint!!

Business By SweetArt Updated 14 Jun 2009 , 1:01am by Lisaa1996

mocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakes Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 9:42pm
post #121 of 212

I would have asked that loon one question.....

Ever heard of a LOAF OF BREAD???????????????????

Hmmmmm...the crust is darker than the center, isn't it???

Sounds like that groom is one lucky man. thumbsdown.gif

meghanb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meghanb Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 10:04pm
post #122 of 212

Those cakes look sooooo delicious!
That bride is a nutbar.

EvieP606 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvieP606 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 10:07pm
post #123 of 212

Your cakes look delicious and I agree with everyone on this forum. Appears the woman just wanted to recover an overspent budget. Don't let one terrible person spoil the talent you have been blessed with.

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 10:13pm
post #124 of 212

I really wish the cops had turned up while the bride was there. Can you imagine - they would probably have been howling with laughter at the most idiotic call-out ever! Honestly, the bride is off her rocker! Everybody knows you cannot bake anything without the outside colouring, surely everyone knows that. If you don't you probably have no business getting married and having a grown-up life.

I don't generally trim my cakes, only if the outside edge is a bit hard. I will think twice about not doing it from now on. It makes me sad to think that pea-brains like your bride makes us all question our competence and judgement.

KatieKake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatieKake Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 10:18pm
post #125 of 212

I have a friend that is an attorney, and I can tell you that it would not take long to run up a bill that would make the cost of the cake look like small change. I doubt that any attorney that knows anything about baking, would ever take the case, in fact any attorney that eats wouldn't take the case. She wants you to help pay for her wedding.

Don't do it.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 10:25pm
post #126 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebBTX

It is as if she intended to cause major drama. It wouldn't cross the mind of normal thinking people to call the police. She must have planned a big show-down with each vendor before the wedding.

I know people like this. They have that little imaginary conversation in their heads about "well if she tries to pull this or that, then I'll just call the cops!" and when they get face to face, they pull out the script they've written and try to follow the script, no matter what the REAL conversation is.

A friend worked in medical collections. A patient calls with an error on their bill. Friend says, "you're absolutely right ... I'll take care of it." Patient continues with ALL of the arguments they had practiced before making the call until friend told the patient ... "I said I would take care of this unless you want to talk yourself right out of me doing that."

Yeah ... it was all planned.

2girliesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2girliesmama Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 10:30pm
post #127 of 212

Every cake I have ever eaten from a professional bakery or at an event has looked exactly like this when cut. Let me tell you they taste WONDERFUL!!! Sounds to me like she hoped that if she did enough yelling between her and her sister that you would cave and when that did not happen she called to police and still you did not give in....GOOD FOR YOU! Trust me if she had a lawyer they'd have been with her!!! What a brat! Your cake was lovely. I'd have been proud to serve it at my wedding! icon_biggrin.gif

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 10:43pm
post #128 of 212

I've noticed mentioned several times the question "Why isn't this bride on her honeymoon?" I bet she could not afford to go for overspending on the wedding and just trying to recoup money from the nicest person she could get to flip over hoops for her. I have never heard of such meanest before as this "piece of work". As everone has said and ditto by me too, no refund, don't let her stress you out and man, I would like some of your cake, it looks sooo delicious thumbs_up.gif . I make poundcakes with carmel frosting and Ive never seen a totally light, golden brown crust, may mean an undone cake!LOL. Oooh that may have cost you too! GREAT WORK!
Hammy

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 10:44pm
post #129 of 212

It makes me wonder if she needed you to wait until Monday because her fight with the florist was on Saturday, leaving her fight with the photographer on Sunday. That would put the cake fight on Monday. Tuesday is probably dress fight time, while Wednesday is saved for the caterer. icon_confused.gif

Who knows what she is thinking or doing.

-Debbie B.

indydebi Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 10:53pm
post #130 of 212

Pssst! Is there any way you can contact the other vendors, (just to see if they had any input on the cake of course! icon_rolleyes.gif ), and maybe scope out to see if they've rec'd any flack from her?

MORSELSBYMARK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:17pm
post #131 of 212

Your cakes looked great! I'm kicking myself for only stopping with a BA in psychology! I could've made a mint off this bride icon_smile.gif Just a thought though - if psyco-bride really does sue, you should counter sue for psychological harassment and the cost of your legal fees and time. There is no judge in their right mind who could look at the evidence and say bridezilla is right!

tallgood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tallgood Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:28pm
post #132 of 212

Excuse me for laughing, but this whole episode would have been hilarious on COPS.

One Cop is serious for the bride while she is throwing her tantrum, all the while taking notes and asking questions... acting sympathetic.

The other Cop with is back to them snickering, tears of laughter rolling down his face.

And the caker wearing an apron, off to the side looking innocent with a big piece of cake on two plates for the Cops when bridezilla leaves.

Too funny!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:29pm
post #133 of 212

And again...yet another reason I won't do wedding cakes. Stupid Bridezillas.

Good luck to you. icon_smile.gif

Alice1230 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alice1230 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:49pm
post #134 of 212

If that cake is burnt then I have burnt every cake I have ever made and them some.....don't let it ruin your day. By the way that cake is really gorgeous!!!!!

OfficerMorgan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OfficerMorgan Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:50pm
post #135 of 212

The inside of that cake looks very moist to me. I wonder if the "burnt" flavor comes from the slightly burnt nature of caramel? I mean, caramel is burnt sugar. Maybe she isn't smart enough to figure that out.

ccordes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccordes Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:53pm
post #136 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMeister

Husker fans. That explains it.

J/k to any Husker fans out there. But K-state rules!

I was hoping no one would pick up on that part of the cake, lol! Hopefully she's not a Husker fan herself and it's just her new husband. No one who acts like that should be able to call themselves a Husker fan! icon_razz.gif

As for the cake, looks absolutely delicious! I, too, love the crunchy edges and have a hard time not breaking them off to enjoy myself. I have very little self control though!

Phfft....K-state? Really??? icon_wink.gif

Bunsen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bunsen Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:59pm
post #137 of 212

Well if I had a new husband and 100 leftover pieces of that yummy looking cake you wouldn't see me complaining... you wouldn't see me at all...

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 12:07am
post #138 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunsen

Well if I had a new husband and 100 leftover pieces of that yummy looking cake you wouldn't see me complaining... you wouldn't see me at all...

I LOVE the way you Aussies think.................Image

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 12:15am
post #139 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes22

If it were me and she called the cops, I would have been arrested for shoving that cake so far down (or up depending on which end I started at) her throat!!!! Death by cake.....a whole other meaning.

Sorry you had to go thru that. You cake looks yummy btw.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

shturpin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shturpin Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 12:24am
post #140 of 212

Only thing burnt on the outside was that bride. The groom too embarassed to come with her ? Her planet is probably looking for her right now.

indydebi Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 12:27am
post #141 of 212

Notice on the 2nd pic that it looks like the icing is scraped away to "expose" the dark cake? Maybe she thought this was the "burnt" part. Like someone mentioned above .... ask her if she's ever seen a loaf of bread. (which is a great example, by the way! thumbs_up.gif )

Although, as I shared this story with hubby, and when I got to the "she ordered more cake than she needed", he started laughing and said, "Oh THERE ya go right there!"

sandykay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandykay Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 12:44am
post #142 of 212

Wow, I just read through this and my mouth is on the ground. My 16 year old daughter is sitting next to me and showed her the photo and she just shook her head.....even she could see the cake was not burnt.

What is this world coming to, everyone wants something for nothing.

lainvest64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainvest64 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 12:49am
post #143 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetArt

She practically yelled at me for 15 minutes about how she spent more on the cake than her dress. I feel like throwing a couple hundred dollars at her just to never see her again. Happy Crappy Weekend to me! icon_cry.gif

He who yells loudest wins. That is why people scream and yell like that, because most people can't stand it and will give in to shut them up. You met your obligation...The End. No refund, no credit.

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 1:18am
post #144 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccordes

Quote:

I was hoping no one would pick up on that part of the cake, lol! Hopefully she's not a Husker fan herself and it's just her new husband. No one who acts like that should be able to call themselves a Husker fan! icon_razz.gif

As for the cake, looks absolutely delicious! I, too, love the crunchy edges and have a hard time not breaking them off to enjoy myself. I have very little self control though!

Wildcats rock!!!

See the kind of people you associate with when you cheer for the Huskers?

icon_razz.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 1:27am
post #145 of 212
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccordes

Quote:

Wildcats rock!!!

See the kind of people you associate with when you cheer for the Huskers?

icon_razz.gif

LOL......that wouldn't be a "husky" puppy in your avator now would it? (although when you say Husker, you mean the corn type right?) icon_lol.gif

in2cakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
in2cakes2 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 1:33am
post #146 of 212

Yeah, she just wanted that big beautifully designed cake to show off and now that the "showing off time" is past she wants her money back. icon_confused.gif If she wanted the showpiece well, that cost money! Another trashy brat that thinks she deserves the best icon_rolleyes.gif.

josumiko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josumiko Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 1:34am
post #147 of 212

Just to throw it out there...in case she actually does call the lawyer and you need to know the technical term for the browning that happens from heat, it is called the Maillard reaction. Just in case you need to go all CSI on the psycho bride!

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 1:45am
post #148 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by josumiko

Just to throw it out there...in case she actually does call the lawyer and you need to know the technical term for the browning that happens from heat, it is called the Maillard reaction. Just in case you need to go all CSI on the psycho bride!

Maillard Reation... I want to remember this. thumbs_up.gif

-Debbie B.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 2:10am
post #149 of 212
Quote:

Quote:

-Debbie B.

Is it the same as carmelization--that's what I always call it. It's close to (being) right huh?

CanadianChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianChick Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 5:56am
post #150 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

Quote:

Quote:

-Debbie B.

Is it the same as carmelization--that's what I always call it. It's close to (being) right huh?

the Maillard Reaction isn't quite the same as caramelization. Caramelization is the melting/almost burning of sugar.

The Maillard Reaction occurs when amino acids (in this case, found in gluten, eggs and milk) react with sugars (found in flour and sugar) in the presence of heat. Interestingly enough, the same reaction is what causes meat to brown on the exterior, as well as bread to crust.

Different combinations of heat, sugar and amino acids result in different degrees of the reaction, different flavours and different colours. Different liquid levels will also affect the reaction, as does temperature. The interior of a cake when it is fully cooked reaches about 180F, if I recall correctly. The exterior reaches 300F or more - the temperature at which the Maillard reaction is noticeable.

The longer a cake is baked, the greater the time available for the exterior to reach a higher temperature, hence the darker reaction as the cake pan gets hotter and hotter. You can combat that to some degree by baker larger cakes at lower temperatures, and of course, by using flower nails, rods or heating cores in the cakes to speed up baking.

(thanks to "How To Read A French Fry" by Russ Parsons for refreshing my memory on some of the temperatures, etc - FANTASTIC book if you think the science of cooking and baking is interesting)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%