Raspberry Cake Filling

Baking By imamommy1205 Updated 9 Mar 2012 , 10:30pm by Bridgette1129

imamommy1205 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imamommy1205 Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:19pm
post #1 of 19

I am looking for a nice, but not too complicated (and cheap would be nice as I am doing this cake for super cheap for a friend) raspberry cake filling that would go well with white cake. Thanks so much!!

18 replies
babybundt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babybundt Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:28pm
post #2 of 19

mix some seedless raspberry jam into some buttercream. cheap,easy and delicious............. icon_smile.gif

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakedbyLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakedbyLisa Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:36pm
post #4 of 19

Wilton has one that I swear by. 1 Frozen bag of raspberries, 8 oz of whipping cream and 2 tbls of cornstartch. I also add 1/8 cup of sugar to sweeten it up more. Mix on medium heat for about 8 minutes until thick and then let cool. It's absolutly delicious and only costs about $3 to $4 to make! thumbs_up.gif

jojocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jojocakes Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:41pm
post #5 of 19

A few months ago I got an order for 2 cakes with a raspberry filling. Well I had never made a raspberry filling before so I went to the recipes section here on cake central and found a couple of recipes. I went ahead and chose to try the raspberry filling submitted by Merissa (original recipe) since it seemed quite simple and easy to do and it turned out great. The customer just loved it. The only thing that I would advise is to make sure when bringing the mixture back to a boil and simmer you don't over cook it. My first batch came out really thick and was a little difficult to spread on the cake because I left it simmering a little to long. But my second batch came out delicious and easily spreadable. Hope that helps.

jdelaney81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelaney81 Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:42pm
post #6 of 19

I love to put some plain ol' seedless raspberry jam in mine.

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:42pm
post #7 of 19

Bashini - I just LOVE LOVE that website!! So many recipes it'll make your head spin - thats always my "go to" site when Im looking to try something new!! And Im never dissapointed!

BakedbyLisa - Howdy neighbor! (kinda!) icon_wink.gif
Thanx for sharing that - I might just give that a try next time I need this filling!! Thanx for sharing! And welcome to CC!

BMartin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BMartin Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:46pm
post #8 of 19

I like the icing fruits by ck. The rasberry mixed with sugar shacks buttercream is to die for.
The only problem I had was keeping my Family out of it.

jojocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jojocakes Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:53pm
post #9 of 19

Here's the link to Merissa's raspberry filling.
http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2503-Raspberry-Filling.html

cuteums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuteums Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:59pm
post #10 of 19

seedless raspberry jam. I like the Polaner All Fruit brand. It has no sugar added to it so it isn't too sweet or fake tasting.

imamommy1205 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imamommy1205 Posted 30 May 2009 , 10:41pm
post #11 of 19

Thanks everyone! I will have to try some of these out.

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 9 Mar 2012 , 4:13pm
post #12 of 19

I know this is an old thread, but I was searching for raspberry filling recipes and Ladycakes.com has expired. Does anyone know if there is a new link to get to those recipes?

thanks!

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 9 Mar 2012 , 7:36pm
post #13 of 19

Hi, sorry I don't know whether there is another link. But I found these on google,

http://www.grouprecipes.com/75505/homemade-raspberry-filling.html

http://cakejournal.com/recipes/raspberry-mousse/

HTH. icon_biggrin.gif

Debbye27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbye27 Posted 9 Mar 2012 , 7:39pm
post #14 of 19

cakeboss has a recipe that is amazing- I love it!
http://cakeboss.com/raspberryfilling.aspx

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 9 Mar 2012 , 7:47pm
post #15 of 19

Honestly I prefer Henry and Henry raspberry filling. I don't care so much for their others, but this raspberry filling is not too sweet like preserves can be and it works well with cake and icing.. I was surprised when I tasted it on its own...not that great. But pair it with the cake and sweet icing and it's perfect! It's the filling we used at the bakery I worked for and it's the most requested filling I get. It's not that expensive either to get a long sleeve of the stuff. Lasts a long time too.

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 9 Mar 2012 , 7:55pm
post #16 of 19

Thanks, everyone.

Spooky_789 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spooky_789 Posted 9 Mar 2012 , 9:46pm
post #17 of 19

I too like the seedless raspberry filling from the cakeboss software website. Not too sweet. But very yummy.

Bridgette1129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bridgette1129 Posted 9 Mar 2012 , 10:27pm
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakedbyLisa

Wilton has one that I swear by. 1 Frozen bag of raspberries, 8 oz of whipping cream and 2 tbls of cornstartch. I also add 1/8 cup of sugar to sweeten it up more. Mix on medium heat for about 8 minutes until thick and then let cool. It's absolutly delicious and only costs about $3 to $4 to make! thumbs_up.gif

A bag of frozen raspberries alone cost $3-4 here icon_sad.gif
Unless you buy a HUGE pack in bulk.

Bridgette1129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bridgette1129 Posted 9 Mar 2012 , 10:30pm
post #19 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbye27

has a recipe that is amazing- I love it!
http://.com/raspberryfilling.aspx

Just looked it up. Sounds AMAZING!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%