Delivery Sign Off Form

Business By chefbetty Updated 31 May 2009 , 9:17pm by Kitagrl

chefbetty Posted 30 May 2009 , 12:29pm
post #1 of 9

Hi,

I was wondering if you all use a delivery sign off form for when you deliver your cakes and if so, would you be willing to share. TIA icon_biggrin.gif

Chef Betty

8 replies
DianeLM Posted 30 May 2009 , 3:46pm
post #2 of 9

This is the one I use. I always ask the client to make sure that if she's not there, she has authorized someone to sign this.

I have inspected the _________________________ cake and certify that it is finished and in stable condition.

Cake Diane assumes no responsibility for damage to the cake after it is set up at the destination.

cylstrial Posted 30 May 2009 , 3:46pm
post #3 of 9

I think it's a really good idea to have a delivery signoff for the wedding cakes you drop off!

I also think it's a good idea to have them sign a form saying that they picked it up at the shop in good condition and you aren't responsible for what happens to it. (For b-day cakes and stuff like that).

kellertur Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:58pm
post #4 of 9

I have EVERY customer, wedding or not, sign (the order form) for their cake. They also get a copy (unsigned w/ my initial) of the order form. The form lists the details of the cake, etc... so I know they are getting what they asked for.

DianeLM~ I think what you have writen is perfect. May I borrow from that a bit, please?

DianeLM Posted 30 May 2009 , 5:17pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Quote:

DianeLM~ I think what you have writen is perfect. May I borrow from that a bit, please?

Absolutely! That's why I posted it. thumbs_up.gif

chefbetty Posted 31 May 2009 , 2:20am
post #6 of 9

Thank you for the response, I just wanted to cover myself. This would go along with the picture that I took at the venue to ensure that it was there and set up without incident.

thumbs_up.gif

Chef Betty

CakeForte Posted 31 May 2009 , 8:30pm
post #7 of 9

I don't have one because that means I have to hang around and wait for someone to come sign off on the cake.

I DO have the above verbage in my contract and I also take a photo of the cake when I am done setting it up. If anything happens once I leave, I'm not responsible. I know how to correctly set up a cake and know what type of supports use, so if the cake falls or is damaged....it's because someone else messed it up.

DianeLM Posted 31 May 2009 , 9:13pm
post #8 of 9

I always touch base with the venue person before the event to finalize such details as where to park, which door to use, who to give disassembly/cutting instructions to, and who is going to BE THERE to sign the sign-off form.

I've never delivered a cake without someone in a position of authority present. I guess I've just been lucky!

Kitagrl Posted 31 May 2009 , 9:17pm
post #9 of 9

I just collect a signature on the already signed bridal contract...I just ask whoever to sign that they saw the cake in good condition.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%