Help Finding A Showstopper Graduation Cake Idea Help! (Long)

Decorating By sparklynne Updated 31 May 2009 , 12:18am by SaraClassic

sparklynne Posted 30 May 2009 , 5:08am
post #1 of 6

sorry for the length of this post.icon_sad.gif
I have a client whom I have done several cakes for in the past. Well her daughter is graduating now from High school and she has had a date reserved on my calendar for a grad cake for some time now. I finally get around to emailing her for an update on cake flavors and any design ideas since we had last spoken. Daughter is into ballet and Cheerleading. So I suggest a grad. cap w/tassel and diploma that reads congrats & making little ballet slippers from gp and rkt and pom poms to place on the board next to cap balancing the look of the cake from each direction. She replies back with
" I'm not sure what to do? all I know is I want it to be really nice, so everyone say's where did you get that cake!!!! ooo;aaah! I'm not sure how many people are coming, it's an open house"

She sent out 35 invites but there could be more since family were told over the phone and the daughter may have friends coming.
She is a good client and has never failed to meet my fees but I am stumped on the show stopper thing. I push the limits with some of my designs and test myself constantly but my mind is blank on this one. Any ideas would be appreciated. TIA

5 replies
SaraClassic Posted 30 May 2009 , 5:21am
post #2 of 6

Look in grad cakes, I found one Im going to "borrow" its a 12 in Square and a 6x6 piece cut and stacked in back. I'll have to see who did the cake. But it gives you a top level for the cap & tassel and 2 other levels for her interests and a bottom level for writing... I love the design and think its great for what your doing. ( as its close to what Im needing also )
I'll post it here in a sec....

beckycrocker Posted 30 May 2009 , 5:23am
post #3 of 6

you could do a sort of topsy turvey cake and still work in the ballet/cheerleading theme. maybe you could use some of her favorite colors or school colors? i hate it when i get stumped like that! good luck! icon_smile.gif

SaraClassic Posted 30 May 2009 , 5:23am
post #4 of 6

Here it is, by SweetSue910. She has several awesome Grad cakes she has done this year!!
Thanks Sue for the inspiration !!
Hope it helps

kakeladi Posted 30 May 2009 , 5:10pm
post #5 of 6

Here's my 'tri-level' grad idea.
And here's another idea - the pathway of life:

I know neither of those have cheer leading or ballet but certainly can be added. You could put the pathway on a sheet cake for more servings.

SaraClassic Posted 31 May 2009 , 12:18am
post #6 of 6

kakeladi's thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%