Boston Cream Pie Cake

Baking By turtlemommy

turtlemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtlemommy Posted 30 May 2009 , 3:12am
post #1 of 1

Hello there,

I am making a 10" round Boston Cream Pie Cake for my BIL'S 40th birthday on June 20th. This is a big deal to my husbands family, they throw a milestone party for all family members & everyone throws in money to get a big gift of least $500 value. I am the family cake person (which I am very happy to be!!! They are more like family to me than my own) So, I really want this cake to be amazing. This cake will serve 25-35 people with BIG appitites.

Thanks to some of the suggestions from here, (Macsmom, definately) I am sure that I have the filling down, & the choc. ganache to cover the cake, but I really need a great, moist scratch recipe for the cake part.

I did a "test round 6" cake & found my cake to be too dry (reasonable flavour) After a slight bit of research I used the Butter Cake recipe from Martha Stewarts Baking Handbook.

What is your favourite type of cake & scratch recipe to use for "Boston Cream Pie Cake". I have read that some use "butter cake", "white cake", or "sponge cake". I really, really want this to be amazing

The people on CC have inspired everthing I have done so far in some way.

Thanks so much,
A Newb Baker & Decorator

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%