Rainbow Cake Question

Baking By 4rays2hunny_bunnies2 Updated 30 May 2009 , 9:10pm by 4rays2hunny_bunnies2

4rays2hunny_bunnies2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4rays2hunny_bunnies2 Posted 30 May 2009 , 3:07am
post #1 of 5

Good evening everyone,
I am looking for Macsmom's recipe for her rainbow cake. About a month ago I remember seeing a post about it. I can not find the post and I tried in the recipes search section. Does anyone have any ideas on how I might be able to find her recipe or post? All help is greatly appreciated.

Happy Baking,
Kimberly

4 replies
crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 30 May 2009 , 3:11am
post #2 of 5

Try sending her a PM. She should respond to that. Good luck.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 30 May 2009 , 6:40am
post #3 of 5

Searched with "rainbow" as the subject (keyword) AND Macsmom as the "author" - using "search for ALL terms"....

... and here are the directions:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-585413-.html

HTH

noyhoward Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noyhoward Posted 30 May 2009 , 6:55am
post #4 of 5

This is what I have written of what MacsMom posted"Rainbowlicious ~ Six vibrant colors of vanilla cake, filled with vanilla mousse.
I use the WASC recipe with butter flavor instead of almond and yes, I separate the batter into 6 bowls and use food coloring for all of the rainbow colors. The red requires either Wilton's "red-red" or Americolor "super red". I color mousse orange for filling between orange and yellow, and blue for filling between green and blue
Foremost, be sure you use a method to prevent doming so that you won't have to trim off of any color. Thoroughly grease the sides of pans and wrap them with "bake even" strips. Flower nails in the center of the pan also help prevent doming. Don't fill the pans more than half-full to prevent excess from rising above the pan. I use 2 colors per pan, spreading one color on the bottom and then gently spreading another directly on top: red/orange, yellow/green, blue/purple."
Hope this will help.

4rays2hunny_bunnies2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4rays2hunny_bunnies2 Posted 30 May 2009 , 9:10pm
post #5 of 5

Good afternoon everyone,
Thank you to everyone who have helped me. I am so glad that I have found this site and that I can get reliable help to my questions. Thank all of you so much icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%