Gosh I Miss You Guys

Decorating By deetmar Updated 30 May 2009 , 3:29pm by cylstrial

deetmar Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:52am
post #1 of 3

Is it just me, or has this been one wild season? I had one week with six cakes, plus a wedding for 150. Talk about needing more refrigerator space!

This was supposed to be my week off, my first week off since the first of the year, and the last week off until November. Then I got a call for a tasting, then another tasting, then a friend needed a cake for her daughters birthday. I said no, but usually doesn't stick around here. My husband is taking over as my business agent. One of my tasting's did not show icon_mad.gif This was the first and will be the last time this happens to me.

I have had a whole bunch of wedding firsts. First time the florist didn't show up, and she was supposed to put flowers on the cake UGH! First and last time I chase a bride down for payment at the wedding. I learned that if they haven't paid in full prior to the wedding as stated in the contract, no cake will be baked. My husband thinks I am not that tough.

First wedding that was out in the rain with absolutely no one in charge and no back up plan. First time a bride changed venues and didn't tell me or the caterer or the florist, I bet she will never do that again.

First bride that went from 200 guest to 50 guests.

It can be said that it has been a very learning season. I really miss coming here and learning, screaming, and just spending time with people like me that don't quite know why we do what we do.

There has been some big other firsts. People are now sending me pictures of the first birthday parties. I love putting them on my refrigerator and seeing the happy kids.

And the biggest first of all... I am going to be a grandma for the first time in January! We hope and pray that she doesn't lose this baby. They have worked to hard. My daughter in-laws mother has brain cancer and this baby will bring hope and happiness to all of us.

I haven't quite decided if I will continue to do wedding next year. I will be watching the baby while she works. We will just have to see how it goes.

I really miss coming here, so hi to all of you that I have missed.

2 replies
JenniferMI Posted 30 May 2009 , 12:22pm
post #2 of 3

We miss you, too!

I now have a minimum number on my weddings.... they have to order 100 servings. Sometimes we have to get creative with our own rules. just to avoid those kinds of scale backs. When you are counting on a 200 wedding and it goes to 50...not good.

You have been busy girl!

Jen icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Posted 30 May 2009 , 3:29pm
post #3 of 3

Congrats on the grandbaby!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%