Only All You Here At Cc Will See The Romance......;)

Decorating By CanadianCakin Updated 31 May 2009 , 3:48pm by __Jamie__

saap1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saap1204 Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:43pm
post #31 of 47

My DH bought me my Agbay for my birthday and I was so excited! At first, he was like "it's how much for what?" but he ordered it to be delivered on my birthday. Since my birthday is a few days after Columbus Day, it did not arrive so he called (I think her name is) Maureen from Agbay and she called my cell telling me he did order it on time and I would have it tomorrow! I, literally, jumped up and down when I receieved it--DH said it was the best money he ever spent!

Sheryl

P.S. For Mother's Day, I got to go shopping online for cake toys--I will be keeping my DH around for awhile, I suppose--LOL!

caseyhayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caseyhayes Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:45pm
post #32 of 47

Aww! That is so sweet! My husband and I are drawing up plans for a house and he is insisting that I have a cake decorating room with easy access for clients to come in and pick up cakes. The only time he has a "problem" with my caking is when I'm so busy that I don't have time to keep the house straighticon_smile.gif Can anybody say maid? I wish...

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 30 May 2009 , 3:26pm
post #33 of 47

What a great story! I always prefer getting stuff I NEED instead of the "romantic" gifts.

Our first Christmas together, before we were married, I was a struggling single mom who could barely afford Christmas for my 2 kids. My current-hubby-then-boyfriend bought me a headlight for my car as my Christmas gift. I was so happy I cried!! I'd been driving for weeks with one headlight and had no money to replace it! I NEEDED this headlight and I was so excited when I opened it up!

Hubby said to this day, people don't believe this story! So he follows it up with the story on when he bought me a dishdrainer as a house warming present when I moved into an apartment. I NEEDED that and I LOVED it!!

Don't buy me roses that will die in a week. Get me something I NEED!!! thumbs_up.gif THAT'S romantic!

Oh yeah .... and I got new tires as a wedding present. I just LUV him! (well, most of the time!)

P.S. I DID get a real diamond as an engagement ring, though! icon_biggrin.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:11pm
post #34 of 47

AWWWWW! That is so thoughtful! How awesome is that! Makes my heart swoon.

My hubby was not supportive to me wanting to buy cake tools not so long ago. After seeing a ton of the fabulous cakes in here he asked why couldn't I make stuff like that. Long story short he was anxious to take me to our local cake store where he was going aisle by aisle ahead of me putting stuff in our cart cause I got stuck in one spot and lost in the display of cutters. he found me and said look you need all this! I couldn't beleive it! Same feeling. I was just planning on getting two little things and our cart was full! I floated home.

You must be floating!!!! Enjoy it!!! Happy decorating!!!!

caseyhayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caseyhayes Posted 30 May 2009 , 6:34pm
post #35 of 47

Indydebi, it took me time to appreciate the practical gift thing. Our first christmas married he bought me all kitchen appliances like toaster, blender, etc. I was peeved at the time but now those are the things I ask foricon_smile.gif live and learn! One thing I can say about him and\\or men in general they understand the need for tools. My husband looks at it from that point of view. So when I was looking at standup mixers and balking at the prices, he wanted me to go ahead and the biggest Kitchenaid they had! I didn't but oh how I wish I had!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 30 May 2009 , 7:02pm
post #36 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyhayes

Indydebi, it took me time to appreciate the practical gift thing.

I've never understood the thinking of women getting peeved over practical gifts. Why would I want a lacy frilly nightgown that will lay in the drawer for years instead of a new sweeper which I NEED and will make my work easier?

Must be the Practical Capricorn in me! thumbs_up.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 30 May 2009 , 7:19pm
post #37 of 47

LOL!! When I turned 40 my DH gave me an Agbay. When my friends asked me what I got for my Birthday and I told them "an Agbay", one of them asked "is that your birthstone?" icon_lol.gif

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 30 May 2009 , 7:37pm
post #38 of 47

That is very romantic! His gifts were thoughtful and to sign you up for the classes took true effort on his part but...

I love the saying on the card the best!

alanaj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanaj Posted 30 May 2009 , 10:21pm
post #39 of 47

That is so great!!! And it's definitely romantic!

For Valentine's Day hubby got me a compressor for my airbrush (which I got for Christmas from his family). I burst into tears because a.) I was so happy, and b.) I felt so bad--I didn't get him anything because I had been working on cakes around the clock. He told me instead we'd call it a "gift because I'd been working so hard and I deserved it".

I fell in love with him all over again. icon_smile.gif

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 30 May 2009 , 11:34pm
post #40 of 47

That is AWESOME! Having support of your spouse is critical with what we do.

Jen icon_smile.gif

jensenscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jensenscakes Posted 30 May 2009 , 11:48pm
post #41 of 47

I keep asking my husband for cake supplies for all holidays and all I ever hear is I don't know what you need. (hey who complains about duplicates?) icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 31 May 2009 , 6:07am
post #42 of 47

Awww! That is so sweet! My DH bought me something very similar for Christmas one year so I'm totally with you. However, your card that read "if it makes you happy it makes me happier" was over the top sweet! icon_smile.gif

ILE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ILE Posted 31 May 2009 , 6:18am
post #43 of 47

awww thats so weet happy birthday and happy anniversary i think you are going to use the item more than flowers

txsteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txsteph Posted 31 May 2009 , 6:25am
post #44 of 47

My hubby works a lot of hours, and does work out of town on a regular basis, so he is not here when things break down. I hated having to search his tool boxes for the right tool to fix whatever it was that broke and complained to him numerous times about it. That next Christmas he bought me my own toolbox & sets of tools that I would most likely need. His sister sat there with a weird look on her face while I laughed, and kissed him & then proceeded to organize my tool box. She just does not understand. Tools he will buy me, but cake stuff ... he just tells me to pick it out.

lomfise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomfise Posted 31 May 2009 , 7:16am
post #45 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnSnow

*sigh* Does he have a twin lurking somewhere?

Could it please be triplets? I want one too icon_lol.gif

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 31 May 2009 , 3:37pm
post #46 of 47

thats so cute!! it really is important to have a supportive spouse in this business - my hubby came into the kitchen last week when i was having a nervous breakdown cause i couldnt get a logo cut out of gumpaste and he just took my scalpel and calmly cut out the letters, glued them on and painted them (its the VTR car cake in my profile) - and then just gave me a big hug and just made me feel better - i had panicked cause i had a christening cake and 12 cupcakes to do too that night and after that everything just went fine icon_smile.gif

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 31 May 2009 , 3:48pm
post #47 of 47

Awwwww.....that is so awesome! My hubby is amazingly supportive and he pays attention to this stuff too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%