Only All You Here At Cc Will See The Romance......;)

Decorating By CanadianCakin Updated 31 May 2009 , 3:48pm by __Jamie__

CanadianCakin Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:23am
post #1 of 47

My husband and I were arguing a bit the other night because he said I was 'rushing' this cake stuff. (GRrrrrr) So I was trying to explain to him that I Wasn't rushing it's not my fault that people want my cakes!!!
Lets just say it didn't end on a very happy note.....especially since he is usually very supportive.
Ok so he was out of town for work for my birthday and mothers day my bday was the 17 and our anniversary is on june 10. So last night he comes home with seriously like $300 worth of decorating stuff, a kit to hold it in, and he registered and paid for all 4 wilton classes (which I have yet to take) I was blown away it all came with a card that said simply....'If it makes you happy, it makes me happier.' I was blown away! And to top it all off he even got good items that I needed!!!
Well none of my friends think it's that special because it's not jewlery or flowers, but I know all of you get it!!!

Thanks for letting me share!
Ashley

46 replies
sleeper713 Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:29am
post #2 of 47

I'm with you, I'd be much happier with decorating items than with jewelry or flowers. Way to go, hubby! Nicely done.

MnSnow Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:30am
post #3 of 47

*sigh* Does he have a twin lurking somewhere?

niccicola Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:30am
post #4 of 47

Very cute story!

My husband recently gave me some shelving that he was using for his tools so I could spread my cake stuff out on! LOVE IT! he gave up room for his stuff so i could have more workspace in the kitchen! Now THAT's love LOL

babybundt Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:31am
post #5 of 47

ashly--that is absolutely the best. he knows you love it and got you what made you happy. my hubby is the same. why get me jewelry i won't wear when some type of cake goodie will get good use and thrill me. you have a great hubby... icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

kilikina_24 Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:33am
post #6 of 47

That is so sweet!!

Redlotusninjagrl Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:34am
post #7 of 47

Aw! That is awesome!

kylekaitlyn Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:40am
post #8 of 47

Love it!!! Mine has given up some space and doesn't complain when my dining room becomes the cake room, but as far as actually PURCHASING supplies, I don't think holding my breath would be a very good idea!! icon_lol.gif

dutchy1971 Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:41am
post #9 of 47

Thats so sweet. My friends didn't get it when I got all new cake pans, icing tips, fondant rollers etc etc etc for my birthday or my KA for xmas. I was totally thrilled, so I'm right with ya.

PS my friends also didn't get my excitement on getting a treadmill for Valentines Day or a new Dyson Vacuum. Have I found my new home here on CC?

Rylan Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:50am
post #10 of 47

That is so sweet of him =]

My soon to be husband is also very supportive of my cake decorating. I love him so much. I know its cheesy but its totally true.

shelbur10 Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:51am
post #11 of 47

Dutchy, I couldn't have been more delighted when DH got me new Tae Bo DVDs for Valentine's Day...all my friends thought it was some kind of cruel joke, so I feel ya!

momma_ash...what a wonderful hubby! You're a lucky woman, my DH is super supportive, but he wouldn't have a clue what to buy! icon_rolleyes.gif

babybundt Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:55am
post #12 of 47

to all the gals whose hubbies would not have a clue as what to buy suggest to him a gift certificate to your favorite cake supply place. then have yourself a grand old time..... icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

tinygoose Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:57am
post #13 of 47

That's better than a new car. The fact that he "got it" and followed it up with action.....whoa!! speaks volumes!! Wow, lucky lucky girl.

FullMoonRanch Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:59am
post #14 of 47

Ashley enjoy your new things and wonderful husband! For Valentine's Day I got a bunch of Americolor food colors! They're better than a bunch of flowers!

dutchy1971 I understand. No one understood why I was happy to get a Littermaid for one of my birthdays!

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 30 May 2009 , 3:03am
post #15 of 47

awwwwwww........

Cupcakeluv24 Posted 30 May 2009 , 3:10am
post #16 of 47

Wow!! He earned some brownie points!! And as PP said does he have a twin out there some where if so my address is ......

But anyway that was very sweet enjoy your new cake stuff girlie!! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

dahir Posted 30 May 2009 , 3:11am
post #17 of 47

OMG What could be better. That is so much more thoughtful than jewelry or anything else. Tell him he is a hero to so many of us here.
Tracy

DebBTX Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:47am
post #18 of 47

What wonderful gifts, and a great husband.

Enjoy your new treasures.

-Debbie B.

CanadianCakin Posted 30 May 2009 , 5:42am
post #19 of 47

Thanks ladies I knew you'd understand!

Evoir Posted 30 May 2009 , 5:59am
post #20 of 47

Congratulations!! You have a near-perfect husband*. Like you, I getthe biggest thrill receiving cake decorating 'stuff' and other kitchen wish-list items!

(*No man is perfect)

sugarcheryl Posted 30 May 2009 , 11:21am
post #21 of 47

That is really nice. I much rather my husband give something toward my passion. People out side of this industry do not get it. I was so happy when my husband bought my KA for Christmas.

PattyT Posted 30 May 2009 , 11:42am
post #22 of 47

Awwwww..what a great story - I even had a little tear in my eye.

What made it even more special is the extra effort it took to be sure he got you the right things, and to take the time to inquire about all the classes.

You sound like a wonderful couple!

BTW When we DO buy gifts for special events (we mutually agreed years ago that a nice card was fine), my recent favorites are a food processor, a KA, and a shed for my 50th BDay.

JGMB Posted 30 May 2009 , 11:57am
post #23 of 47

What a guy!!!!!!!!!!!! I vote we make him an honorary member of CC.

Enjoy your Wilton classes!

sweetjan Posted 30 May 2009 , 12:15pm
post #24 of 47

That's a very sweet story. Shows he cares about what's important to you!! Best Wishes!

MACakes Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:16pm
post #25 of 47

You have a good man, there. A smart man knows "happy wife, happy life" a phrase my DH quotes often. I imagine that gift brought a tear to you eye. Enjoy the classes icon_smile.gif

Caths_Cakes Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:24pm
post #26 of 47

Mind if i borrow him ? lol

annacakes Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:26pm
post #27 of 47

You're married to a real prince!

mmdiez10 Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:33pm
post #28 of 47

You are so right that only people involved in "caking" could understand such a gesture. My hubby bought me the Wilton gumpaste tool kit that comes in the clear box. I was so shocked. It meant so much to me to know that he was actually listening to me when I talked about my gumpaste flowers. He even knew to use a Joann Fabrics 50% off coupon! I kept walking around with my kit for three days. He kept saying "so you really like it don't you?". I guess all the sugar we deal with has made our hubbies "sweeter".

mocakes Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:33pm
post #29 of 47

Awwww.....

I remember when I first got into cake decorating...my hubby bought me a KitchenAid for my birthday and I couldn't have been happier!! It was the only thing I wanted!

Sounds like your hubby is definitely a keeper!! thumbs_up.gif

solascakes Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:40pm
post #30 of 47

OMG I have a crush on your hubby already,can my husband come down to learn a thing or two.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%