Princess Ideas (Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Glass Slipper)

Decorating By twingirls05 Updated 3 Jun 2009 , 1:56am by erin_e

twingirls05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twingirls05 Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:19am
post #1 of 5

My twins are turning 4 in three weeks and are ALL princess everything right now. I have someone making me a gum paste glass slipper that I was going to carve a pillow and sit it on. Then, I was going to make a Cinderella doll (with the doll shoved into the cake skirt) and a Sleeping Beauty doll. But, instead of doing 3 seperate cakes...I was wondering if anyone had ideas on how to incorporate all 3 into a cake???? There will be about 30-40 people here that will eat cake.

I bookmarked this cake http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=42598 awhile ago and was going to duplicate it and put the shoe where the tiara is instead. But, then, I'm not really incorporating Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

4 replies
kimblyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimblyd Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:47am
post #2 of 5

I am working on a Barbie and the Diamond Castle cake for my niece right now. I wanted to incorporate the castle, two figures, and a gumpaste mirror.

I decided to make an 11 X 15 sheet cake and carve it a little in the middle to look like an open book. I plan on putting the castle in the middle so it looks like it is popping up and arrange the other stuff around. I hope it turns out like the cake in my head! icon_biggrin.gif

I searched on book cakes here on CC and found quite a few, sorry I haven't figured out how to post links.

Just thought I would share....good luck on your cake.

Kim

erin_e Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erin_e Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 1:49am
post #3 of 5

Maybe I'm confusing my princess movies (no kids and almost 2 decades since I really watched them) but if you do the cake you bookmarked and put the shoe there wouldn't that be kind of about Cinderella? Also isn't Sleeping Beauty the one with the spinning wheel? If you did the 2 stacked cakes you could do a cute spinning wheel on one and the slipper on the other.
Or if you really like the castle idea you could use the Sleeping beauty castle as a sort of guide---or just do a castle like thing and put vines on it like when she was asleep.
If you do the shoe and the spinning wheel you could decorate the shoe base in pink ribbons (the one the mice made) and I think there's a scene in sleeping beauty where she dance and has ribbons or something and incorporate those together.

So I'm not entirely positive the whole ribbon idea makes sense when I put it on "paper" but it makes sense in my head LOL!

erin_e Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 1:55am
post #4 of 5

OH now I remember a bit more after I saved that last one. I believe I'm thinking of the scene where Sleeping Beauty is dancing in the woods daydreaming and the birds are there...I don't know if that has ribbons.

Or you could just make ribbons of the colors that her fairy (godmothers or whatever they were) kept changing her clothes to with magic.

erin_e Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 1:56am
post #5 of 5

OH now I remember a bit more after I saved that last one. I believe I'm thinking of the scene where Sleeping Beauty is dancing in the woods daydreaming and the birds are there...I don't know if that has ribbons.

Or you could just make ribbons of the colors that her fairy (godmothers or whatever they were) kept changing her clothes to with magic.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%