Cake Bites/pops

Baking By funtasticake Updated 17 Jun 2009 , 5:22pm by EyeCandy

funtasticake Posted 30 May 2009 , 1:54am
post #1 of 11

I have been trying to make cupcake bites/ pops and used candy melts..but, its not coming out smooth..is there anything that i have to add on my candy melts to make it look smooth and shiny??? help pls..i am trying to practice now co'z i want to donate some cupcakes in 2 weeks...

10 replies
luv_to_decorate Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:03am
post #2 of 11

You can add a little crisco (or whatever shortening you use) to the candy melts to help them be a little thinner for dipping or pouring. I do this during the melting process in my microwave. Sometimes the candy melts are just too thick after they are melted. I also have Paramont Crystals. That is like little shreds of shortening.

noyhoward Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:08am
post #3 of 11

I always use a little shortening in mind & they come out really smooth & shiny.

Anntee Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:13am
post #4 of 11

Here's a link to Bakerella's cupcake pops. Scroll down a bit for step by step instructions. Are your cakes frozen when you dip them? I haven't made these but plan to next week. Please let me know how you solved your problem. HTH and tia! icon_smile.gif

http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2008_04_01_archive.html

cylstrial Posted 30 May 2009 , 3:59pm
post #5 of 11

Aha! The freezing tip and the crisco tip are fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

funtasticake Posted 30 May 2009 , 7:43pm
post #6 of 11

thanks for all the ideas...

tinygoose Posted 30 May 2009 , 7:54pm
post #7 of 11

I switched to Merkins chocolate (sp?) and now they are wonderful. Are you using Wiltons chocolate? That stuff is just not good.

cylstrial Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 12:27pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinygoose

I switched to Merkins chocolate (sp?) and now they are wonderful. Are you using Wiltons chocolate? That stuff is just not good.

Where do you get Merkins chocolate? Thanks!

tinygoose Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:51pm
post #9 of 11

I get it from my local cake shop, they package it under their name but it's Merckens.
I spelled it wrong initially.
Here's a link..

http://www.customchocolateshop.com/meltingwafers.html

cylstrial Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 6:25pm
post #10 of 11

Awesome! Thanks for the link TinyGoose!

EyeCandy Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 5:22pm
post #11 of 11

Have you tried them again? I'd like to make them one day as well, they are just so cute. I followed Bakerella's blog on them and that was my inspiration.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%