Dishwasher

Decorating By ninatat Updated 30 May 2009 , 5:50am by Frankyola

ninatat Posted 29 May 2009 , 10:21pm
post #1 of 6

Hi all, i rinse my containers and things from bc, i put in dishwasher, the water is hot, and they still feel greasy,is there anything i can add to dishwasher soap Thank you

5 replies
leah_s Posted 29 May 2009 , 10:24pm
post #2 of 6

Try throwing a little vinegar in the rinse. Or just wash by hand with a bit of vinegar.

panchanewjersey Posted 29 May 2009 , 10:31pm
post #3 of 6

I have found it much easier to just fill up sink with really water and I add dish soap and Comet/Ajax and just let them sit for a bit then rinse. It's so much easier to wash/rinse after that and no greasy residue.

Rose_N_Crantz Posted 29 May 2009 , 10:39pm
post #4 of 6

I've put all my tips and any metal tools in a pot, cover them with water and let it boil on the stove for a few minutes (10 or so). Then I rinse with water and sometimes I'll do it again in case there's still some icing left. But that usually gets my tips pretty clean. Hot water is the key though.

Anyone else here do that? If so, have you ever cleaned your plastic couplers with that method? I've been wanting to try it but I'm afraid the boiling water and metal pot will melt or warp the plastic. Don't want that to happen. . .

Redlotusninjagrl Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:28am
post #5 of 6

I have put my tools in a large bowl and poured boiling water on them, but never boiled them in a pot. I put my decorator bags and couplers in the bowl too.

Frankyola Posted 30 May 2009 , 5:50am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

Try throwing a little vinegar in the rinse. Or just wash by hand with a bit of vinegar.

Ditto thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%