Wedding Coordinator Commission

Baking By kaw123 Updated 31 May 2009 , 10:50pm by luv2bake6

kaw123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaw123 Posted 29 May 2009 , 7:57pm
post #1 of 6

Looking for advice. A friend of mine is getting married out of state and using an expensive wedding coordinator for her wedding. She is also using my cookies as favors in the out of town guests arrival goodie bags. I asked if she minded if I sent a sample of my wedding cookies to her coordinator.

I am sending a beautiful box filled with my wedding cookies, and a letter introducing myself and my business. My husband thinks I should offer her some sort of commission if any of her brides use my cookies. He thinks it will get her to be more likely to suggest my cookies over another company.

Do any of you offer commission to wedding coordinators/event planners who use you? If so how much do you offer them?

Thanks!

5 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 29 May 2009 , 8:03pm
post #2 of 6

The bride is paying her, why would you have to compensate her too? Her main goal should be to offer her brides the best products available (yours hopefully).

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 29 May 2009 , 8:30pm
post #3 of 6

I would suggest that you work a deal with her regarding her services as well. For instance, she automatically refers her customers to you. And you can ask your brides if they have a planner and if they don't you can refer her. If you have a website, you can put her logo/info on your website! Hope this helps. But I wouldn't pay her. I think the cookie basket is a good idea though!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 May 2009 , 8:33pm
post #4 of 6

A "legit" wedding coordinator/planner will not take a commission from the vendors. She gets paid by the bride.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 29 May 2009 , 8:35pm
post #5 of 6

I mean your husband means it only for good--but no don't offer to pay her. That would not be understood well. Not the way to go.

It's not a commission unless they are your employee.
Otherwise it's a kickback and that's not your purpose at all.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 31 May 2009 , 10:50pm
post #6 of 6

I definately agree. A coordinator or party planner's job is to find the best products at the right prices for the people who are paying her. She should not get commission from every business she ends up working with or recommending plus what the bride is paying her as well.
I agree with cylstrial, you could offer to advertise for each other.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%