The Search Function Isn't Working For Me So I'm Going To Ask

Decorating By pieceofcake20 Updated 29 May 2009 , 5:55pm by pieceofcake20

pieceofcake20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceofcake20 Posted 29 May 2009 , 5:30pm
post #1 of 4

I know this has been answered a thousand times but I can't use the search function today to find the answer. I've always made my own buttercream but I'm just getting so busy that I don't have time anymore. What brand of store bought do you recommend?

3 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 29 May 2009 , 5:34pm
post #2 of 4

The only icing I use is Dixie's. I think it tastes wonderful, and it's incredibly easy to work with. Not overly sweet, so if you like your BC sugary enough to rot your teeth out, it probably won't be for you! She sends out samples...free shipping! Google Dixies' Icing, and it should pop up. She's in Omaha, Nebraska.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 29 May 2009 , 5:42pm
post #3 of 4

About icings -

Did you know that, when you do have some time, you can make fat-based icings ahead of time and freeze them? This includes American BC (powdered sugar and fat), SMBC, IMBC (both meringue buttercreams), and ganaches.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

pieceofcake20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceofcake20 Posted 29 May 2009 , 5:55pm
post #4 of 4

I used to do that but I don't even have time for that anymore. I work full-time, have two young kids, one that plays ball, and I have so many orders that I'm constantly turning people down. I guess that's a good problem to have but I hate doing that so I'm trying to cut corners some how.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%