Cookies Just Get No Respect!

Baking By GeminiRJ Updated 29 Jul 2009 , 2:26am by Elise87

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 3:24pm
post #31 of 65

Could use a different name............????

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 4:20pm
post #32 of 65

If someone is really serious about this.......How about CookieBakerCentral, so it wouldn't be confused with COMPUTER cookies? (Or something else that distinguishes it from the technical cookies.)

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 5:22pm
post #33 of 65

i actually noticed that when i was googling cookies LOL i am serious about a forum though.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 5:39pm
post #34 of 65

Cookie Corner, maybe? The Cookie Connection? (Probably better than The Cookie Fix....even if we're all addicted).

I always thought an on-line newsletter for cookie decorating would be fun. Highlight a technique, have a guest decorator do a tutorial, have a question and answer section. Not to mention, lots and lots of pictures! A magazine would be better for me (problems with my home computer keep me from accessing lots of sites...including CC), but it seems as though fewer and fewer people want to read magazines.

Keep us up-to-date if you decide to implement any cookie site, cupcakeshoppe!

KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 5:55pm
post #35 of 65

Sounds like a GREAT idea! Warning though....you'll be in the same boat as Heath & Jackie before long - the site will take up all your free time (if it's as popular as this site, which I think it would be!!!)

I have a question for all you cookie decorators...I don't want to hijack this thread because I think it's really important to keep to the issue at hand....I'm going to post a new thread if you'd be so kind as to visit it. "Why won't people eat the cookies?"

Thanks a million...

GeminiRJ Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 6:10pm
post #36 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyTW

I have a question for all you cookie decorators...I don't want to hijack this thread because I think it's really important to keep to the issue at hand....I'm going to post a new thread if you'd be so kind as to visit it. "Why won't people eat the cookies?"

Thanks a million...

"It's too pretty to eat", right? My husband's secretary and her husband still have the Raggedy Ann and Andy 3D cookies I made and he gave to them when they got married...in November 2008. Personally, I think it's a huge compliment, even if it's silly!

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 7:28pm
post #37 of 65

I've been planning to start a small baking forum, my DH will actually set it up for me. It won't be as nice as CC, that is a given but maybe it could be a smaller place for people to share some techniques, etc.

Cookie Fix is nice... i like that. icon_smile.gif I also like Cookie Corner. If there's interest then i will definitely update you ladies. icon_biggrin.gif

luv2bake6 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 7:44pm
post #38 of 65

I'll be anxiously awaiting!!!

KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 8:13pm
post #39 of 65

AKA_cupcakeshoppe: COUNT ME IN, you're awesome!!!!

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 8:42pm
post #40 of 65

i'm interested!!! i definately don't have time to head anything, but i'd join in a heartbeat

cutthecake Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 9:24pm
post #41 of 65

Me, too. I love cookies! Count me in!
My cousin still has the cookies I made for her when she had her son. He'll be starting kindergarten soon. The cookies are on the shelf next to the ones I made when the daughter was born last summer.

cutthecake Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 9:26pm
post #42 of 65

The Cookie Nook!!!!

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 9:29pm
post #43 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthecake

The Cookie Nook!!!!

I like it!

.....and I like the idea of cookie talk. I'll be there.

FullMoonRanch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullMoonRanch Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 12:49am
post #44 of 65

I'm interested AKA_cupcakeshoppe!

crumbcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbcake Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 3:07am
post #45 of 65

I'm in for cookie site!

sweetlayers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlayers Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 3:17am
post #46 of 65

I will agree. Although I don't decorate cookies, I think you all deserve some love. Good luck.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 3:36am
post #47 of 65

The Cookie Nook seems to be the most viable. There's one store with that name but I can't find the site.

It will be for all kinds of cookies. Decorated ones, drop cookies, glace, frosting, fondant and RBC covered. cookie contests.

what would you wanna see?

crumbcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbcake Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 5:16am
post #48 of 65

Decorated cookie of course!

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 5:43am
post #49 of 65

hey guys, just had a talk with my DH this is definitely a go. if you would like to be updated, you can send me a PM to inform me of your interest or email so i can let you know when it's up.

i'm really excited about it. I think having one forum for cookies with sub forums for threads will be organized and make it easy to share and find things you're looking for. icon_smile.gif

GeminiRJ Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 11:36am
post #50 of 65

Here's one that sums me up pretty good: Cookie Crazy

Can't wait to see what you start up! Not that I need another addictive website...

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 11:53am
post #51 of 65

i am disappointed that cc doesn't seem to feature contests and such featuring cookies-maybe they just don't realize the scope of the cookiemaking population here .the talent is extraordinary-i almost fainted when antonia and tracyH and gemini left me messages on cookies i've posted -i'm in total awe of them-ina completely different cookie decorating talent universe than me so to my dh's utter surprise and total confusion you can imagine what i must have been saying (screaming) when i saw those posts lol it would be great to have some (more) recognition

verono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verono Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 12:32pm
post #52 of 65

You can count me in !

imamommy1205 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imamommy1205 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 2:14pm
post #53 of 65

I do both cookies and cakes, but I definitely love doing cookies more. It's less stressful lol! And more fun!

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 3:26pm
post #54 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellesArt

i am disappointed that cc doesn't seem to feature contests and such featuring cookies-maybe they just don't realize the scope of the cookiemaking population here .the talent is extraordinary-i almost fainted when antonia and tracyH and gemini left me messages on cookies i've posted -i'm in total awe of them-ina completely different cookie decorating talent universe than me so to my dh's utter surprise and total confusion you can imagine what i must have been saying (screaming) when i saw those posts lol it would be great to have some (more) recognition

On a side note, I'll agree with you 100%. It seems those who are the very best at their craft are also the ones who go out of their way to encourage others. I have felt the very same way with some of the folks who have commented on my photos.

Anyway, I'd love to get updates on a cookie site too!

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 3:36pm
post #55 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_cupcakeshoppe

if i started a cookie central forum would any of you ladies join?

Most definitely!

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 5:07am
post #56 of 65

To those who have PM'ed me, I will inform you once the forum opens. my DH is currently sick, so I can't bug him to do anything LOL but don't worry it will be up.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 7:32pm
post #57 of 65

It is now open! Check it out and sign up!

http://cookienook.kicks-ass.net

We just got it up today, it's still pretty bare, so please post LOL

luv2bake6 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 8:11pm
post #58 of 65

That was really fast!! Thanks!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 8:47pm
post #59 of 65

Very nice!! Already registered!! icon_lol.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 3:44am
post #60 of 65

thanks to those who registered so far. icon_smile.gif I hope this takes off.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%