Best Buttercream I Ever Made!

Decorating By caincakemaker Updated 29 May 2009 , 8:16pm by chilz822

caincakemaker Posted 29 May 2009 , 6:21am
post #1 of 18

I am sure someone has said and done it before but here is what wonderful thing just happened tonight..
Necessity is the mother of invention, right? Well, I was making buttercream for my latest cake when i realized I was out of milk. I don't like using water so I looked in the fridge and saw the Coffee Mate French Vanilla Liquid Creamer. I knew I had seen where people use powdered creamer so I thought why not. It is so GOOD! and crusting beautifully as I type. So, just thought I would share. I don't have a recipe, I use half butter and half crisco, powdered sugar and the creamer, no need for vanilla flavoring and beat it like crazy with the paddle. mmm mmmm

17 replies
Yankie Posted 29 May 2009 , 6:30am
post #2 of 18

I will be trying that this weekend..sounds Tasssssssssssssssssty!

caseyhayes Posted 29 May 2009 , 6:34am
post #3 of 18

I'll make a note of that. Thanks!

Rocketgirl899 Posted 29 May 2009 , 6:36am
post #4 of 18

welcome to the club!

caincakemaker Posted 29 May 2009 , 6:42am
post #5 of 18

which club the coffee creamer or the cake central? BTW I figured the coffee creamer wasn't original with me but I am so excited I thought I would share in case someone hadn't seen it before.

Cake4ever Posted 29 May 2009 , 6:52am
post #6 of 18

You can also put it in the cake. I made one this past weekend with vanilla caramel. thumbs_up.gif

And make sure if you use the powdered that you make it with liquid first, before adding it to your buttercream. thumbs_up.gif

chilz822 Posted 29 May 2009 , 7:29am
post #7 of 18

I use the Belgian Chocolate Truffle all the time in chocolate cakes and buttercream. I just made it tonight for a pirate ship I'm working on (put it in the chocolate fondant to go with it also)... the white chocolate coconut one is yummy also!

caseyhayes Posted 29 May 2009 , 12:20pm
post #8 of 18

chilz822 my 5 year old likes your dog. He just came up and said "Look at that puppy dog! He's funny! Thanks for the tips guys!

cakesdivine Posted 29 May 2009 , 12:54pm
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilz822

I use the Belgian Chocolate Truffle all the time in chocolate cakes and buttercream. I just made it tonight for a pirate ship I'm working on (put it in the chocolate fondant to go with it also)... the white chocolate coconut one is yummy also!

I have a Pirate ship cake soon! Can you post photos of your cake? I'd love to see it! icon_biggrin.gif

chilz822 Posted 29 May 2009 , 4:30pm
post #10 of 18

cakesdivine, sure. It's in my fridge now, carved and waiting to be decorated. I'm working on the fondant boards, sails, etc now.

I've asked some questions of karensue who has an amazing ship here and also found her thred with instructions. I'll try to attach my carved ship, remember, it's rough still, and also a link to her directions (check hers out, it's great!)

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-556493.html
LL

velcrostiletto Posted 29 May 2009 , 5:27pm
post #11 of 18

I just tried this last week and I couldnt believe the difference it made too!
It was delicious, I cant wait to try other flavors! Anyone like any certain ones better than others?

chilz822 Posted 29 May 2009 , 5:35pm
post #12 of 18

French Vanilla is tops for me, but any of the chocolate ones are good too. Sometimes I even add some pudding to it...
There's a cinnamon roll one that's super yummy too... just remember, some of there will change the color of your buttercream...

Chocolate Eclair is next on my list to try!
I've also added fruit juices... Orange juice is great!

caincakemaker Posted 29 May 2009 , 5:39pm
post #13 of 18

Ok so has anyone used International Delights creamer instead of Coffee Mate? They have a Chocolate Eclair creamer that is out of this world, I am dying to try it!

caincakemaker Posted 29 May 2009 , 5:39pm
post #14 of 18

I posted my last one without reading the one just above it... duh... :-0

mbt4955 Posted 29 May 2009 , 5:46pm
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by caincakemaker

Ok so has anyone used International Delights creamer instead of Coffee Mate? They have a Chocolate Eclair creamer that is out of this world, I am dying to try it!

International Delights is fine and I agree - they seem to have more gourmet flavors than Coffee Mate does - at least in my part of the world. icon_smile.gif

FairyPoppins Posted 29 May 2009 , 6:59pm
post #16 of 18

I often use liquid coffee creamer in place of the water and oil in boxed cake mixes. Just add one extra egg.

I also use coffee creamer in Sugarshack's buttercream. I think it's used in place of milk so it doesn't need to be refrigerated.

cakebaker1957 Posted 29 May 2009 , 7:57pm
post #17 of 18

How much do you all use per cake mix , icing etc?
Thanks

chilz822 Posted 29 May 2009 , 8:16pm
post #18 of 18

I use the same amount that the recipe calls for.. if it's a strong liquid (like fruit juice concentrate, the frozen kind), sometimes I'll dillute it a little, as long as it matches up to what your recipe calls for.

(btw, Passion Fruit concentrate is great in cake and buttercream!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%