Peanutbutter Buttercream....

Decorating By Briniga Updated 31 May 2009 , 7:29pm by Cathy26

Briniga Posted 29 May 2009 , 1:50am
post #1 of 8

Can I make peanut butter buttercream, by using the original buttercream recipe & just adding peanut butter to it? I know theres other recipes for it but i dont have all those ingredients right now, so i wondering if i can just use that.

7 replies
auntmamie Posted 29 May 2009 , 2:01am
post #2 of 8

Yes you can. But, make sure to double the recipe. Half for the cake, half for the spoon that shall be in your mouth. PBBC is the ultimate to die for food (IMHO).

Briniga Posted 29 May 2009 , 2:03am
post #3 of 8

cool!!! how much peanut butter do i add to the buttercream?

grammynan Posted 29 May 2009 , 2:08am
post #4 of 8

I use the wilton buttercream recipe and substitute the peanut butter for the shortening. OMG!!!

chilz822 Posted 29 May 2009 , 5:11am
post #5 of 8

ohhhh my tummy's growling and my mouth is watering!!!
thumbs_up.gif

Briniga Posted 29 May 2009 , 5:13am
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammynan

I use the wilton buttercream recipe and substitute the peanut butter for the shortening. OMG!!!

I just made this, is sooooo yummy!!! thanks everyone thumbs_up.gif ill be posting a pic of the cake in a few days, im making a reeses cake.

Briniga Posted 31 May 2009 , 5:20am
post #7 of 8

Ok, i made the cake & it was melting by the minute, even in the refrigerator, it was not in the heat at all. The peanutbutter buttercream was melting, I made it right, & was not too soft...I made the cake & decorated it, stuck it in the fridge then later looked & it was sagging really bad, so i fixed it, then later it was doing it again, by the time it was ready to be eatn, (it was in the fridge till we pulled it out to cut it) it looked terrible!!! It was just one layer...but it did taste good, but i was not happy about it doing all of that........

Cathy26 Posted 31 May 2009 , 7:29pm
post #8 of 8

thats weird - it's always worked great for me as the sunpat peanut butter i use is very firm even at room temp - i use almost equal butter and icing sugar for my bc (about 100g more sugar) and then add a few tablespoons of peanut butter until it tastes lovely - seriously i cant stop eating the stuff...... im not sure why yours went so melty icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%