Cake Decorating Stores In Boston, Ma.

Decorating By Carda Updated 31 May 2009 , 12:02pm by korensmommy

Carda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carda Posted 29 May 2009 , 1:03am
post #1 of 6

In two weeks I'll be going to Boston, and I am so excited to do some cake shopping (well any shopping really) that I can't do here in good ol' Bermuda.

So I need your advice, where do I go? I looked up the nearest Michaels which is in Everett, Mystic View Road. We are going to be staying in a hotel in East Cambridge I think, so how would I get to Michaels? We won't have a car and I don't want to go the public transport route if it takes hours as I have a toddler in tow. But maybe I should leave hubby and son to explore the city on there own while I go there? Is there anywhere more central to go for cake stuff?

Your help is much appreciated icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 29 May 2009 , 1:15am
post #2 of 6

You will love Boston, we lived on the North Shore for 3 years!
The 'T' is the best way to travel; cheap, easy and safe. My son loved it so much that we just rode around sometimes for fun.

Can you find a real cake store in Cambridge? Also, see if you can find an AC Moore that is close to you. I liked that better than Michaels.

Have fun and PM me if you have any other questions. I know some great shops in that area, including the best ice cream store. Let me try to remember the name....

korensmommy Posted 29 May 2009 , 1:26am
post #3 of 6

Here's one I found through a Google search:

Miriam's Cake & Supplies
544 Cambridge St., Cambridge, MA, 02141
(617) 868-8121

Let me know how your search goes, we may be moving back there in a few years.

Carda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carda Posted 29 May 2009 , 4:30pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks so much! So A C Moore is better than Michaels? I think the nearest AC Moore is actually closer than the Michaels.

Oooh, please do let me know where to get good ice cream, we loooove ice cream!

I am getting so excited!

EatSomeCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EatSomeCake Posted 31 May 2009 , 3:55am
post #5 of 6

Toscanini's in Harvard Square has the best ice cream. Also Ben and Jerry's in Back bay (all accessible by T)

korensmommy Posted 31 May 2009 , 12:02pm
post #6 of 6

Yes....Toscanini's is the one I was thinking about! Have a great trip!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%