Yet Another Stand Up Doll Cake Question...

Decorating By The_Sugar_Fairy Updated 29 May 2009 , 4:59am by KoryAK

The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 29 May 2009 , 12:51am
post #1 of 6

Hey again... another quick question about doll cakes...
I'm using the Wilton Wonder Mold Doll pan with the Barbie pick. If I'm going to put fondant on the Barbie's chest for the top part of the dress, will it stick by itself? Or should I put a little buttercream or vanilla underneath?
Also, I assumed the Barbie pick would poke into the cake but it doesn't because there's a large hole there from the rod. I put a little buttercream in the hole and then the pick. Will this hold enough or do you think it might slant to one side? Thanks so much for your answers!

5 replies
SweetSweetCreations Posted 29 May 2009 , 1:36am
post #2 of 6

I would probably use a little crisco on the doll to attach the fondant. I fill the hole with buttercream and have had no problems. Good Luck

jensenscakes Posted 29 May 2009 , 2:19am
post #3 of 6

I've always put the fondant directly on the doll without anything underneath and it's done fine. I also just put the doll pic in after I've put the fondant on and it's done fine by itself. I have 2 doll cakes in my pics if you want to see.

Rylan Posted 29 May 2009 , 4:51am
post #4 of 6

You can use a little bit of Crisco.

phoufer Posted 29 May 2009 , 4:59am
post #5 of 6

I used a little piping gel watered down and it worked really well. I also put the doll in after I covered in fondant.

KoryAK Posted 29 May 2009 , 4:59am
post #6 of 6

I use a bit of water.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%