Giant Cookie!

Baking By arbakes Updated 30 May 2009 , 6:41am by momshome

arbakes Posted 29 May 2009 , 12:00am
post #1 of 8

hi everyone! i'm new to this website and i absolutely love it! i was doing some browsing to try to figure out how to make a giant cookie...about 10-12" round. do i just take my regular cookie recipe and double it and spread into pan....kinda lost on this one even though i'm sure the answer is going to be so simple icon_sad.gif i am also new to baking but i have a friend who has requested one for a birthday and i wanted to surprise her...any suggestions?? thanks! icon_smile.gif

7 replies
cutthecake Posted 29 May 2009 , 12:18am
post #2 of 8

You don't have to double the recipe. Just use the recipe on the Nestle's chocolate chip package, and bake in a pizza pan. The only time I had trouble with this was when I overfilled the pan and the dough spilled out all over the oven. What a mess. I always watch this carefully in the oven because I HATE when it overbakes. I can't remember how much of the cookie dough recipe fits in the pan.....but if there's leftover dough, I just bake it as normal size cookies.

arbakes Posted 29 May 2009 , 4:52pm
post #3 of 8

thank you sooo much! i always get so nervous when people ask me to bake for them...i usually just do it for family and when i feel like i need to destress icon_biggrin.gif i shall attempt this with a bit more confidence now.

cylstrial Posted 29 May 2009 , 7:52pm
post #4 of 8

Same here. I just use a pizza pan. Sometimes I use my round stone from Pampered Chef. You're making me want a giant cookie now!

arbakes Posted 29 May 2009 , 7:59pm
post #5 of 8

well i think i want to go home right now and do a test run...i dont have a pizza pan though, i suppose a 12" round cake pan would work?? any suggestions as to what types of cookies work best in giant size? icon_lol.gif

kakeladi Posted 29 May 2009 , 10:57pm
post #6 of 8

Yes, one can bake cookies in cake pansicon_smile.gif
One hint: don't push the dough all the way to the edges, filling the pan completely.
Leave about 1/2" space for the dough to spread or the edges will be *very!* thick icon_sad.gif
I've baked sugar cookies; choco chip; brownies; snickerdoodles; and probably many others I can't remember.
See my photos. I have a few pix of Valentine cookies I have made; it might help you.

arbakes Posted 29 May 2009 , 11:13pm
post #7 of 8

thank you guys for all of your help with my questions...i think i will be on here quite often!! thumbs_up.gif

kakeladi: your cookies look soooo good! can't wait to try it!!

momshome Posted 30 May 2009 , 6:41am
post #8 of 8

Have done this! In a pizza pan works well. I use aluminum foil to line the pan, very well, & have it hanging over the edge to create a "sling". It helps to lift it from the pan. Spray the foil with a pan spray, I prefer the bakers spray which is a combo..oil mixed with flour. When the jumbo cookie has cooled, use the overlapping edges of the aluminum foil to lift it from the pan. DO NOT overbake, don't forget that carry-over-baking-time!
Good luck & I'm sure your friend will enjoy it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%