Calling All Nc Decorators Near Lenoir, Nc...

Decorating By ptanyer Updated 4 Jun 2009 , 3:22pm by juleebug

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 28 May 2009 , 11:44pm
post #1 of 5

I have a 7 tier wedding cake from h&$# that I really need some hands on help. I am using SI with some Wilton thrown in to help with elephant skin. Having so much trouble that I just don't know how to get this cake done and ready to leave at 9:00 a.m. tomorrow morning to take to SC. icon_cry.gif

If you are within driving distance of Lenoir, NC and would be able to help, I would really appreciate it.

Pam

4 replies
juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 29 May 2009 , 4:34am
post #2 of 5

I hope things got better for you after this post. If I had seen this earlier, I would have offered to help. (I'm about 150 miles away but I have a hybrid so it only would have cost me around $10-15 round trip)
I will say a prayer for you that things will go smoothly and this cake will be as beautiful as the others you have made.

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 29 May 2009 , 6:31am
post #3 of 5

Thank you so so much. Your willingness to come help touches my heart. We are getting ready to cover the last tier and then have to recover the bottom dummy because it just isn't very good. You'd think that being styrofoam that it would be the easiest to cover, but the size of it (18") makes it a big thing to cover with fondant.

I can tell you that we have discovered the secret to working with SI - stick it in the microwave for about 30 seconds and knead and roll. It will stick to the silicone mat I bought from Ateco and you and actually turn the mat upside down, center it over the cake and it will practically peel itself off for you. Now mind you, this was learned after way too many hours of frustration and torn fondant. I have to give credit to my DH and nephew, they have divided up the work - nephew heats it up and kneads it. Then DH rolls it out and measures it. They get the mat ready and I do the smoothing work. Now things are working the way they should have way back earlier today.

Again, thank you for your offer. Remember us as we transport this cake to SC tomorrow. I'll post photos next week - after I recover... icon_lol.gif

juleebug Posted 29 May 2009 , 7:36pm
post #4 of 5

I'll be looking for it...

juleebug Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 3:22pm
post #5 of 5

I just got back from Texas and saw your cake in your photos. It is stunning! So glad everything came together for you and delivery went well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%