Cookie In Cake?

Decorating By SJ169 Updated 28 May 2009 , 11:36pm by TexasSugar

SJ169 Posted 28 May 2009 , 10:47pm
post #1 of 5

Okay I just have to ask because I cant find anywhere that actualy explains this.
I have seen a couple posts where people have said they put a big cookie (sugarcookie) in the middle of the cake?
How does this work? Do you just make a giant cookie and put it in between the cake layer? Do you ice around the cookie? It sounds soo good I would love to try it!

4 replies
dadawley Posted 28 May 2009 , 11:04pm
post #2 of 5

Hi, when I first saw the cookie in the cake directions I had copied them and put them in my documents. Here is the directions that were posted.
Hope this helps!

"Guys I've got to let you know that the best filling I've used in this cake is a sugar cookie that you bake in the same size cake pan you use for the cake and then use any fruit or bc on top and under the cookie for it to "stick" to the cake. A favorite is seedless raspberry preserves. You just spray the cake pan well w/oil and pat the dough in leaving a space all around the edge for expansion, I use the pre packaged cookie mix and 1 env. makes a 10 - 12", or 1/2 envelope for 8 - 9"(and just use the whole egg the recipe calls for...) The cookie softens inside the cake and people just don't know what or how you made this, it's delish!"

SJ169 Posted 28 May 2009 , 11:28pm
post #3 of 5

Perfect! Thanks!

Katiekatiekatie Posted 28 May 2009 , 11:34pm
post #4 of 5

I actually did this with a chocolate chip cookie. I made it in a pan 1 size bigger than the cake so that I could cut the ends off to make it even. I greased the pan very well and it worked perfectly!

TexasSugar Posted 28 May 2009 , 11:36pm
post #5 of 5

I just did this Monday. I baked chocolate chip cookie dough in the same pans I did the cakes in. My cookie layer ended up being really thick, but worked this time. Next time I'll do a thinner layer. You want to put icing between the cookie and the cake layers so it will soften the cookie up but keep the cake from drying out.

Here is a recent thread with a link to an very detailed thread on the subject...

Quote by @%username% on %date%