Elvis Cake

Decorating By pebblez87 Updated 28 May 2009 , 11:06pm by CandyLady

pebblez87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pebblez87 Posted 28 May 2009 , 10:46pm
post #1 of 3

ok so i have a request for an elvis cake the trick is it has to be a 1/2 sheet cake but..... reduced sugar everything so this is limiting me on decorations i use the pillsbury reduced sugar mix/ frosting( not fond of frosting)

im having a hard time thinking of a theme since everything would be so sugar filled like royal icing transfers or bc transfers fondant everything ahh

so far i have it simple with just the 1/2 sheet and a small maybe 6in square as a "stage" and a black sillouete elvis made from fondant on the stage but i have no idea for the sides or top of cake icon_sad.gif some help anyone?

2 replies
pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 28 May 2009 , 10:59pm
post #2 of 3

I LOVE ELVIS!!!

You could do some fondant TCB with the lightning bolt in the middle (taking care of business)
Or just grab different things from his songs...like a old fashioned microphone, jailhouse bars, blue suede shoes, teddy bear, heartbreak hotel..
You know, things like this for the sides, depending on your fondant molding skills!!
I like the idea of him on stage. Maybe put a scarf, since he threw them to the audience at the end of his shows. Like the scarf could be fondant draped on top, and write Happy Birthday or love me tender or something and sign it from Elvis or the king!

Please post pics when you are done! Now I wanna make one!!

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 28 May 2009 , 11:06pm
post #3 of 3

I bought a greeting card with the young elvis on the front and had an edible image made from it...just tore the pic off the card and took it to a bakery...$8...decorated sides with small 45's I found at cake supply store. saying would be related to one of his songs...really cute...they actually made me two copies because the first was not to their liking...still have second image in plastic for later use.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%