Water Fall On A Cake??

Sugar Work By mommicakes Updated 31 May 2009 , 2:40am by kincaellan

mommicakes Posted 28 May 2009 , 10:33pm
post #1 of 4

Is it possible to use like a pulled sugar to make a waterfall cascading down a tiered cake? I want to make it look as true as possible without having to use piping gel or the likes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

3 replies
ayerim979 Posted 28 May 2009 , 10:40pm
post #2 of 4

Im making a Luau cake and I asked myself the same thing, Im probably gonna end up using pipping gel icon_wink.gif

As far as the pulled sugar havent worked with it so I wouln't know but I will bump for yah!!!

mommicakes Posted 28 May 2009 , 11:27pm
post #3 of 4

I have a luau wedding due in July and don't have the experience with it, but, I do have some time to play around with it. I think I might just experiment. what is the worst that can happen????? icon_rolleyes.gif I could just do it right. icon_surprised.gificon_biggrin.gif

kincaellan Posted 31 May 2009 , 2:40am
post #4 of 4

Absolutely possible! Easy as well.
Once you have the sugar mass warmed and ready all you need to do is cut 3 rods of the sugar, lay them next to each other and then pull the ends to double it's length. Keep repeating until the width you need is achieved. Using a white, blue and dark blue array of sugar rods will make a cool aquatic look.

Hope that helps,

Quote by @%username% on %date%