George Strait - Ent. Of The Decade

Lounge By JanH Updated 13 Jul 2009 , 3:13pm by darlaslade

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 28 May 2009 , 10:17pm
post #1 of 16

Only caught the last hour of the George Strait special last night; but what I saw was great.

The C&W tribute singers covering his songs from the last 25 years were amazing!!!!

When George sang the line, "Ill be a old troubadour when I'm gone.." - I felt, I hope that's not for a long, long time.

Anyone else love George?

15 replies
Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 28 May 2009 , 11:09pm
post #2 of 16

Oh, me too!! Me too!!!

Sometime in the program he made a comment about doing all this for him, but he planned on staying awhile.

There is a bar, little hole in the wall night spot, in Nashville that is owned by George an his manager. He actually comes in quite a bit from what I hear, I so want to be there an meet him..... icon_cool.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 29 May 2009 , 12:24am
post #3 of 16

Oh I'm so disappointed, I thought the special was on tonight.........I missed it. icon_cry.gif

I hope it will be shown again, if you guys hear anything about it being replayed, please let me know.

Thanks,
Deb

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 29 May 2009 , 2:03am
post #4 of 16

I caught the last hour too and soooo wish I had recorded it. CMT may rerun it, they always play reruns of the country music awards.

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 29 May 2009 , 2:43am
post #5 of 16

mmmmmmmm I LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUV george!! cowboy.gif

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 29 May 2009 , 3:28am
post #6 of 16

I thought is was awesome, except for Jamie Foxx. Now, this is the first time I've ever heard him sing outside of "Ray", and maybe he was nervous, but he murdered "You Look So Good In Love". It could have been really awesome, too, with that R&B-ish arrangement, but the dude just did not have his A-game with him. It almost hurt my ears.

Alan Jackson, however, rocked the house on "Fireman".

George Strait will ALWAYS be awesome in my book, and I hope he sticks around for a long time.

Munchkinette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Munchkinette Posted 29 May 2009 , 4:00pm
post #7 of 16

Aww, I missed the show. But about 6 years ago I got see him live in concert and it was awesome! I got to be up close too, I had floor seats, about the 15th row, aisle seats. If it wasn't for all his body guards I could of reached out and touched him as he walked down the isle past me! And let me tell ya the tv does not do him justice, he is much hotter in person! Especially in those tight jeans he wears, lol.

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 29 May 2009 , 4:05pm
post #8 of 16

That's what my sister said when she saw him several years ago!! She was just a few rows back. I'll never forget her telling about how she was so close she could see the sweat on his face!!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 29 May 2009 , 6:15pm
post #9 of 16

I really enjoyed the entire show, everybody was great. Hope they do run it again so all of you can have a chance to see it!

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 29 May 2009 , 7:52pm
post #10 of 16

Love, Love, Love George Strait!!!!! Saw him live many (many) years ago and it is still the best concert I've ever been to. I missed the special, but I will look for it in reruns (haven't been watching tv lately, so didn't know a thing about it).
**All hail King George!**

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:34am
post #11 of 16

I love George Strait! He's one of my fathers favorite singers and he swears one day he'll see him in concert.
He's still really good looking too. icon_wink.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 7:15pm
post #12 of 16

Am at my son's so I was able to view the Jamie Foxx video on YouTube...
I thoroughly enjoyed his take on You Look So Good in Love. icon_smile.gif
R&B could win over new fans if they covered C&W hits. thumbs_up.gif

darlaslade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darlaslade Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 5:03am
post #13 of 16

George Rules!
I missed the special as well, but I just got to see him in concert again in Texas and it was at the new Dallas Cowboys Stadium...the first event to take place there! It was AWESOME! George had the entire stadium yelling "Jerry, open the roof" and then they opened it...so cool! Sorry...I am also a die hard Dallas Cowboys Fan...so I got two for the price of one! LOL I have also seen George at one of his New Year's Eve concerts....also very cool.

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 10:04am
post #14 of 16

within two weeks of moving to nashville to pursue music, i was invited to attend the cma's as his manager's date. i was lucky enough to be on a tour bus and in the limo with george and his wife norma, viewing the cma awards from the 7th row back, attending the mca after party with them, and sitting at a small table for 4, discussing life in general with them. it was an experience that i cherish.

they both are very sweet, and exactly how fans want them to be...down to earth, and very much "everyday".

darlaslade Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 3:11pm
post #15 of 16

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow! What an incredible memory to have.

darlaslade Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 3:13pm
post #16 of 16

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow! What an incredible memory to have.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%