3D Babies

Decorating By swtgapeach Updated 8 Aug 2009 , 5:33pm by swtgapeach

swtgapeach Posted 28 May 2009 , 9:54pm
post #1 of 6

how do i make a 3d fondant baby i have no mold

5 replies
Loucinda Posted 29 May 2009 , 12:11pm
post #2 of 6

That is a tough one! (and your first post - welcome to CC!) I have never made one, but I thought I would try to help you out since no one has replied yet.

I've seen a demo where they were making fondant figures (although the ones they were doing were all kind of whimsical - not "real" looking)

She said to first make balls of the fondant/gumpaste mix (50/50) - roll the ball until it is really smooth. Start with the torso and work your way out. I would do 5 different pieces (torso, 2 legs, 2 arms and head) Google a pic of what you want it to look like, and just form the pieces and attach them together with small pieces of spagetti.

For the face, add tiny pieces to make the ears and nose - "pinch" the fondant to do the mouth - use a tiny ball tool (or something similar) to make small indents for the eyes, or you could pinch it into eyes that look like they are sleeping.

Good luck, not sure this was much help - it will give you a bump and maybe someone with more experience with this will help you out. (you can do a search too to see if anyone else has done this and pm them with questions too)

Joyfull4444 Posted 29 May 2009 , 5:17pm
post #3 of 6

Click on the link. Instructions are for a small gumpaste baby. HTH

Loucinda Posted 29 May 2009 , 6:09pm
post #4 of 6

Joyfull - thanks for the link! (it is basically what we learned at the demo!) One other thing that we were told to do is to make the arms (and legs)each out of ONE piece of fondant - roll it out and then cut that one piece in half - that way they would be symmetrical (SP??) Roll the leg pieces a bit thicker than the arm ones.

kakeladi Posted 29 May 2009 , 6:19pm
post #5 of 6

Doesn't Aine2 have a video on YouTube for making babies? I think she has one along w/all the other things she has on there.
OR you can get a book or find a video for working in polymer clay. The technique is the same.

swtgapeach Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 5:33pm
post #6 of 6

thank you for the replies---and it is great to find a website with so many people who are passionate about cakes!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%