I Bought A New Mixer - So Cute!

Business By leah_s Updated 29 May 2009 , 8:25pm by ailika

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 28 May 2009 , 8:51pm
post #1 of 18

Yeah, I bit the bullet and bought a KA Pro 6 qt. I know, I know, I said I wouldn't buy any more KAs, but there was a great sale . . .

Last week Kohl's had the Pro 6 at $430 plus I had a 20% off coupon. And I bought a ton of other stuff we'd been putting off buying, so I have a fistfull of Kohl's dollars to spend on Saturday, plus another 20% off coupon. Guess what I'm giong to buy?

Another KA Pro 6.

Price is too good to pass up.

And it's so cute with its little bowl lift.

17 replies
ailika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ailika Posted 28 May 2009 , 8:59pm
post #2 of 18

Well I wish I had a KA mixer again, the one I had I dropped and it broke. I was given a Sunbeam mixmaster which was given to me as a gift. Up until now it has worked pretty good, hopefully I'll be able to get another KA one day icon_smile.gif

foodguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foodguy Posted 28 May 2009 , 9:02pm
post #3 of 18

I have had a KA 6 qt. pro for years and really like it. I make bread weekly, and if I do make an occasional cake I can mix a batch of BC using 6 lbs. of confectioners sugar like a breeze.

Good luck with your new toys!

iluvjay829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvjay829 Posted 28 May 2009 , 9:05pm
post #4 of 18

I got mine new in box off of ebay for $250! I love it!

StarbucksAddict Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StarbucksAddict Posted 29 May 2009 , 1:31am
post #5 of 18

The other week I came across Amazon selling it for just under $300 (no tax, and that including shipping), so I just had to buy it. It's been here for a week, and well, it just makes me want to bake! I've been finding reasons just to use it because well, it's there! And it makes my countertop look so nice icon_wink.gif

Alice1230 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alice1230 Posted 29 May 2009 , 1:40am
post #6 of 18

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEE mine!!!!

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 29 May 2009 , 1:43am
post #7 of 18

Kitchenaid does not usually advertise their rebates. But if you check their website, you'll see that if you buy a 6qt KA between 4/5 & 5/30/09 and get a free $80 ice cream maker attachment.

Click here for rebate form

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 29 May 2009 , 2:27am
post #8 of 18

I really like mine! Congrats.

cheferyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheferyn Posted 29 May 2009 , 2:38am
post #9 of 18

I got mine as a referb from kitchen collection for $220.00. I love it. I make ice cream and bread almost daily. What color did you get? Mine's the nickel pearl. Have any of y'all ever painted your mixer? I'm on the fence* about it. *read: too much of a chicken. icon_smile.gif

leah_s Posted 29 May 2009 , 2:52am
post #10 of 18

nickle pearl too!!

cheferyn Posted 29 May 2009 , 2:54am
post #11 of 18

very cool! I hope you get many years use out of your new baby. Does she have a name yet?

leah_s Posted 29 May 2009 , 11:33am
post #12 of 18

We sometimes call the big Hobart "Bart", but the little KAs have never had a name. Maybe "Pearl" . . .

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 29 May 2009 , 11:50am
post #13 of 18

I have the 6Qt that I bought from William Sonoma, and I'm about to be on my 4th mixer! Luckily, they have a life time warranty at WS, so I don't have to worry about it. I'd be really mad if I had bought it anywhere else! I actually have the 610 now, and the gears just started grinding again! I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary with it either!

cheferyn Posted 29 May 2009 , 4:02pm
post #14 of 18

that life time warranty at ws, do you need the reciept? (i know, i can't spell) bc my pink ka I bought at ws and the first two gears are shot.

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 29 May 2009 , 4:08pm
post #15 of 18

The first time I returned it, I had lost my receipt, but still had the box. I could have sworn that I had taped the receipt inside the box. They gave me a new receipt wit hthe 2nd one, and I made sure to tape it inside. I called the store after the first time, explained to them what had happened, and the manager ok'd it for me. I love their lifetime warranty, but believe me, the thing isn't too easy to carry to the middle of the mall to exchange! It can't hurt to call them and explain your situation!

cheferyn Posted 29 May 2009 , 4:11pm
post #16 of 18

thanks, i'll try that. I love my pink ka and it just breaks my heart to have had to retire it. nickel pearl is nice too but i really bonded with Daisy. I'm sure y'all understand.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 29 May 2009 , 8:18pm
post #17 of 18

I'm totally jealous! I want one of those!!

ailika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ailika Posted 29 May 2009 , 8:25pm
post #18 of 18

Now I want to icon_cry.gif , I have a Sunbean mixer

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%