Where Do You Purchase Your Boards And Boxes?

Decorating By Jean1 Updated 31 May 2009 , 7:46am by Rylan

Jean1 Posted 28 May 2009 , 8:32pm
post #1 of 17

My supplier is no longer carrying cake boards and boxes. My only options are Michael's and Wal Mart. I am looking for a better price.

16 replies
Rylan Posted 29 May 2009 , 4:34am
post #2 of 17

I always purchase mines at cooksdream dot com

Jean1 Posted 29 May 2009 , 5:12pm
post #3 of 17

Thanks I will check out the site.

Amymnn Posted 29 May 2009 , 5:17pm
post #4 of 17

I get mine at Sam's Club. I'll never forget the look on my husband's face when I said "I'll meet you at the checkout, I want to get some cake boxes" and he saw me pulling a palette full of boxes and boards up to the cash register.

lngo Posted 29 May 2009 , 6:28pm
post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amymnn

I get mine at Sam's Club. I'll never forget the look on my husband's face when I said "I'll meet you at the checkout, I want to get some cake boxes" and he saw me pulling a palette full of boxes and boards up to the cash register.

Do you get that at the Sams Bakery? Or is that in one if the aisles?

Rylan Posted 29 May 2009 , 6:34pm
post #6 of 17

Amymnn, I saw some at Costco and I thought they weren't as thick as the ones I regularly use. Are the ones in Sam's club really thick?

aggiechef Posted 29 May 2009 , 6:40pm
post #7 of 17

I go to a local shipping store called "The Box Store". Fitting, I guess. The boxes are super thick and wonderful, plus they have every size that I've ever needed. Try checking a local shipping store because they may have some. I called this place on a fluke one day and have been thankful ever since.

Amymnn Posted 30 May 2009 , 12:48am
post #8 of 17

I had to ask at the Bakery at Sam's club and they gave me a price sheet and I just went from there. I thought they were just as thick as the ones I was getting at Michaell's. I can post the price list if anyone wants it?

micaelasmami Posted 30 May 2009 , 1:09am
post #9 of 17

please post the price list. thanks

PattyT Posted 30 May 2009 , 1:18am
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amymnn

I had to ask at the Bakery at Sam's club and they gave me a price sheet and I just went from there. I thought they were just as thick as the ones I was getting at Michaell's. I can post the price list if anyone wants it?

Yes please!!

I also asked them about the inserts and boxes that held 30 cupcakes and got different answers from two different stores. One gave me a flat "no" we don't sell them, and the second took 15 minutes to scroll through some pricing thing on the scale and didn't give it to me when it printed out....

Thanks for the info!

Jean1...check out BRP Big River Packaging. I've been buying plastic cupcake boxes from them. They have a big list of boxes and items - I think cake boards too. They are great because you can order small quantities - nice for a hobby baker like me!

Here is their link: http://www.brpboxshop.com/

Pat

Iva1976 Posted 30 May 2009 , 1:32am
post #11 of 17

I also purchase my cupcake boxes and inserts from BRP Big River Packaging. The boxes are very sturdy and shipping is free!!

Jean1 Posted 30 May 2009 , 3:09am
post #12 of 17

Thanks! These are great ideas!

Rylan Posted 30 May 2009 , 3:10am
post #13 of 17

Amymnn, Oh yes I would love to know how much. Btw, have you also tried asking for hi ratio shortening?

Amymnn Posted 30 May 2009 , 3:32am
post #14 of 17

I haven't tried asking for hi ratio shortening, but when the bakery clerk was getting my order for boxes, I asked if she sold their icing and other things and she said "Oh yes, we sell everything." Since I was only interested in the boxes though, I didn't ask about anything else.

Here is the pricing information they gave me:

25 Full sheet boxes (no window) $23.86
50 Full pads $23.66
50 1/2 sheet pads $9.33
50 1/2 sheet window lids $17.48
50 1/2 sheet boxes $16.36
Cupcake inserts - $14.00 (Fit inside 1/2 sheet boxes)

(100) 10 inch Dome & lid sets $41.06
(250) 12 inch circles $26.31

Buttercream "tub" (I have no idea how much) $26.00
Whipped Icing "tub" $16.00

Although the prices for the full sheet boxes say "no window," the box they gave me at that price DOES include the window. They are all one piece with a window on top.

Kitagrl Posted 30 May 2009 , 3:38am
post #15 of 17

I found out today that our Sysco in Philly carries Sweetex for cheaper than I was ordering online...I have to set up an account with them but that will be great.

I think they have Sysco other places too...?

PattyT Posted 30 May 2009 , 11:25am
post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by RylanTy

Amymnn, Oh yes I would love to know how much. Btw, have you also tried asking for hi ratio shortening?

I asked at both Sam's in our area, BJ's, and every grocery store chain bakery for high ratio shortening but no luck. All said they don't mix their own frosting, they get it pre-mixed in buckets.

Kitagirl, do you think Sysco will sell to non-businesses?

Thanks

Rylan Posted 31 May 2009 , 7:46am
post #17 of 17

Thanks guys for the info.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%