Can You Help Me Identify This Wilton Pan?

Decorating By EyeCandy Updated 3 Jun 2009 , 2:10am by EyeCandy

EyeCandy Posted 28 May 2009 , 7:47pm
post #1 of 23

Hi, I will say in advance I wasn't sure where this should go, General or Wilton Character Pans, and since it's not a "character" I decide to put it in here. So if you need to move it, please feel free. icon_biggrin.gif

I bought this Wilton Fluted Pan a couple years ago I believe. I don't remember where from but I'm going to guess Target? Sorry that the pan is dirty in the pics, I just finished baking in it (my 2nd time). I've looked high and low today on Google for this pan but am turning up with nothing.

Does anyone recognize it? Is it discontinued, rare, etc. What exactly IS this pan called or used for? Now that I'm into baking I like to know a little more about what I use and this pan is killing me, haha. There are no serial numbers, etc. on the pan, only Wilton...



Thanks in advance!! Diana

22 replies
cylstrial Posted 28 May 2009 , 8:00pm
post #2 of 23

I have never seen that one before! Hopefully, someone will recognize it. Have you tried browsing thru the pictures on Ebay?

mbelgard Posted 28 May 2009 , 9:04pm
post #3 of 23

I don't know the name of that and since it's a bundt pan finding a name for it might be hard especially if it's a store exclusive of some sort, they aren't something where people are likely to keep the papers since they don't generally have decorating instructions beyond sprinkling powdered sugar or pouring a glaze.

JanH Posted 28 May 2009 , 9:31pm
post #4 of 23

Wow, I looked and looked and couldn't find your pan!

The closest match I came across was the discontinued Dimensions Marquise Pan:

Had no idea that Wilton was competing with Nordic Ware in the shaped bundt pan category. Might just have to hit the Wilton tent sale and see if they have these....


EyeCandy Posted 28 May 2009 , 11:55pm
post #5 of 23

Thanks for all the searching you've been doing, I appreciate that immensely!

It's definitely a Wilton, I should have taken a picture of the little logo there, you can kind of see it up towards the top of the picture. I see no other markings on it either, bummer.

I know I wouldn't need instructions, etc. for it since it's pretty clear cut, I was just curious if this bundt pan was supposed to be a specific design or something. Was it a limited edition, etc. or was a it a fluke that I just so happened to catch on the shelf. Haha.

Just one of those "need to know" things just for my own pleasure, no real reason otherwise. I really appreciate your help and responses! I'll keep looking and will look through the Ebay pics, I didn't go through them all.

Thanks!!! icon_biggrin.gif

EyeCandy Posted 29 May 2009 , 12:28am
post #6 of 23

I was looking at it again and it just occurred to me that maybe this is a JELLO mold? I mean it's THICK though, more like a cake pan, but the design almost looks like the Tupperware jello molds from the '80s. What do you think? I still can't find anything like it on the web searching Wilton Jello or Gelatin. But just an idea.

bebea Posted 29 May 2009 , 12:59am
post #7 of 23

i wish i knew - that is the coolest looking pan!!!

bakermommy4 Posted 29 May 2009 , 1:02am
post #8 of 23

I looked and looked and couldn't find anything but maybe it's a discontinued Wilton model. How long have you had it? It looks like a bundt pan...and a cool one at that.

blondeez Posted 29 May 2009 , 1:09am
post #9 of 23

Have you thought about sending your pics to Wilton. I know that when I was trying to find Wiltons 1990 haunted house cookie cutters. I ended up emailing them, since I was unable to find this set any where online. Heck Im still looking for this. When I emailed Wilton they responded very quickly to me.

kaykakes Posted 29 May 2009 , 1:17am
post #10 of 23

I don't know the name either but looking at the pictures they look like crowns to me

EyeCandy Posted 29 May 2009 , 1:23am
post #11 of 23

I want to say 3-4 years? My husband thinks we got it from Target as well. I may have to contact Wilton maybe they'll know. Thanks for that advice! I hope you find those cookie cutters, if I ever happen to find them I'll let you know for sure! icon_biggrin.gif

I think I can see the "crown" to it as well... still peculiar that this pan would be no where on the internet of all places. Hmm....

cutthecake Posted 29 May 2009 , 1:30am
post #12 of 23

Has anyone looked in the Wilton yearbooks from 3 or 4 years ago?

jmr531 Posted 29 May 2009 , 1:33am
post #13 of 23

that looks like a kugelhopf pan.

auntmamie Posted 29 May 2009 , 1:48am
post #14 of 23

Ok, since a mold is truly a negative impression of the original and final product, you could try an easy way to figure out what it is supposed to be. Bake a cake!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Once we see the finished cake, maybe then we can more easily determine what it is supposed to be. I vote (based on the positive side of the pan (the negative is the inside)) that it is just a pretty bundt.

Oh, and I searched online for you too. I think you might have a one of a kind!

EyeCandy Posted 29 May 2009 , 1:53am
post #15 of 23

I'm trying to hard to remember exactly WHEN we bought this and WHY. I think it was because I wanted to make an Angel Food cake but couldn't find a regular bundt so figured something "cool" could work too. But with having just been through 2 pregnancies in 3 years my brain is still fried. icon_redface.gif I hope it comes to me though so we can narrow down the time frame at the least.

Thanks again for all the effort you all are putting into it. I've been on Google for the past hour looking.

EyeCandy Posted 29 May 2009 , 1:55am
post #16 of 23

Thanks SugarnSpice! Great minds think a like, I DID bake a cake today... woohoo. AND I was smart enough to take tons of pictures. Here is one before I put a thick glaze on it which totally ruined the "design" up top. If you want to see the final project just check out my photos. icon_biggrin.gif Maybe it's just because of the cake I made, but the final product doesn't look THAT pretty to me. Maybe I'll try a yellow cake next time.


EyeCandy Posted 29 May 2009 , 1:57am
post #17 of 23

Maybe we can say it's a CLOCK since there are 12 sections that branch off the middle. Haha.

jimandmollie Posted 29 May 2009 , 11:31am
post #18 of 23

I am still looking but here is a bump in the mean time to see if anyone else knows! icon_smile.gif

EyeCandy Posted 29 May 2009 , 11:38am
post #19 of 23

Thank you!

jimandmollie Posted 30 May 2009 , 8:19pm
post #20 of 23

Nothing like an unsolved mystery to keep you up at night!!! icon_lol.gif

EyeCandy Posted 31 May 2009 , 11:43am
post #21 of 23

I'm still looking as well, still turning up empty though. icon_sad.gif I guess it's okay, I'll just know for a fact it's a rare pan. icon_biggrin.gif

jmr531 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 1:36am
post #22 of 23

This isn't the exact pan, but I was at a shop today and when I saw this one I thought of this forum:

Hopefully, this will bring you closer to finding the one you have. It might be in the same Dimensions product line.

EyeCandy Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:10am
post #23 of 23

Thanks!! icon_biggrin.gif I think someone else mentioned that pan as well... and you might be right, it could have been part of the line. I'll keep searching though. Thanks for thinking of me.... icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%