Another Fondant Questions.

Decorating By mindy1204 Updated 28 May 2009 , 6:22pm by Texas_Rose

mindy1204 Posted 28 May 2009 , 6:05pm
post #1 of 4

I am a newbie and will be taking the fondant/gumpast class thru Wilton starting in June. I have tried Wilton and though easy to use no one ate it so I would like to try something different.

My question is I see on the posts to either use a paddle or a hook attachment on the mixer. I do not have either of those just the normal ones. Can I use those? Getting a KA (though on my wish list) isnt an option right now.

3 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 28 May 2009 , 6:07pm
post #2 of 4

Don't try making fondant with a regular mixer, it will kill the mixer.

You can mix it by hand, many people do. It's a little less work than kneading bread dough, but a lot stickier.

mindy1204 Posted 28 May 2009 , 6:17pm
post #3 of 4

Ok I thought I saw people were using their KA. I have a stand up mixer but it isnt that great, I will just mix by hand.

Texas_Rose Posted 28 May 2009 , 6:22pm
post #4 of 4

They are using the KA. I didn't know until I got one how different it is from a regular mixer, even a stand one. It doesn't mix the same way. I make fondant in the KA but before I got it (and I wanted it for 10 years so don't feel bad, I bet you'll get one sooner than that) I had been through 5 cheaper stand mixers and killed a couple of them just making buttercream.

I have a feeling it would be possible to make marshmallow fondant in the bread machine but I haven't tried it because it would make a big mess if I was wrong icon_biggrin.gif I made fondant in the food processor and that works.

Quote by @%username% on %date%