Advise On Best Cake Recipe For Wedding

Decorating By dutchy1971 Updated 30 May 2009 , 6:41am by dutchy1971

dutchy1971 Posted 28 May 2009 , 6:03pm
post #1 of 7

Hi All

I'm still fairly new to this baking lark, i've been taking decorating classes, but our teacher told us to just use box mix for all our class cakes. I;ve doctored a few mixes in the past for different things and used nice fillings to make them taste nicer. My question is, my friend is getting married in a few weeks and has asked me to do her cake. I'm guessing i'll be doing 3 tiers 16 12 8 rounds, but i'm at a loss on what kind of cake flavours to offer her. I'm really looking for tried and tested good tasting recipes, can any onehelp please.

TIA

6 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 28 May 2009 , 6:08pm
post #2 of 7

White Almond Sour Cream cake is nice...so is a Champagne cake...both are a version of white cake!

mindy1204 Posted 28 May 2009 , 6:09pm
post #3 of 7

I use the box mixes but I do add fillings. I am a newbie so I keep them simple but get rave reviews. I have used Vanilla pudding (tasted like custard) Peanut Butter mixed with Butter Cream (with choc cake) and Rasp jam mixed with butter cream. Rasp was the best very one raved about it.

Texas_Rose Posted 28 May 2009 , 6:09pm
post #4 of 7

I second the white almond sour cream cake...every time I make it, people tell me it tastes like wedding cake from a fancy bakery icon_biggrin.gif

crystalina1977 Posted 28 May 2009 , 6:11pm
post #5 of 7

the bride may have some opinions!

pouchet82 Posted 28 May 2009 , 6:14pm
post #6 of 7

Go with WASC, plus there are so many variations!

dutchy1971 Posted 30 May 2009 , 6:41am
post #7 of 7

Thank you for the suggestion for the WASC. I tried it tonight, not tasted the cake yet, but the batter was yum yum. I have all the cakes cooling now so tomorrow will frost them (2 of them are for class) ready for tasting tomorrow afternoon. It feels nice and thick but light and spongy when I picked them up. Looking forward to tasting it. I'm also making the chocolate version tomorrow.

This certainly could be my new go to cake if it tastes anything as good as the batter icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%