Refridgerating Fondant.. Help!!

Decorating By kkswmmr114 Updated 31 May 2009 , 12:00pm by Rylan

kkswmmr114 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkswmmr114 Posted 28 May 2009 , 5:31pm
post #1 of 4

Can I do that?? I have a cream cheese frosting cake that has fondant accents on it, but I want to put in in the fridge because it is hot in my kitchen and the icing isnt setting like I need it to to hold up the decorations. I have heard of fondant "sweating" when put in the fridge and that would be a complete disaster if that happened... Please let me know what I should do!! Oh, and the fondant I am using is Satin Ice. Thanks!!

Marlee

3 replies
jensenscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jensenscakes Posted 28 May 2009 , 7:14pm
post #2 of 4

If the fondant is just accents than you shouldn't have a problem. If you're really worried about it pull it out 3-4 hrs before the party that way if it does sweat it will dry by the time you need to serve it.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 28 May 2009 , 7:52pm
post #3 of 4

I use Satin Ice and I refrigerate all of my cakes, without exception, and have never had a problem. When you take the cake out of the fridge, if it's a little hot or humid int he room it may sweat a little, but just leave it be and it will evaporate. I usually crank the AC so that sweating hasn't been a problem for me.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 31 May 2009 , 12:00pm
post #4 of 4

I use Satin Ice and I always refrigerate without any problems. I've never had a problem with condensation.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%