So Uninspired To Make Ds's Birthday Cake! :-(

Decorating By maggiev777 Updated 28 May 2009 , 7:33pm by maggiev777

maggiev777 Posted 28 May 2009 , 3:43pm
post #1 of 7

DS's 3rd bday is next week. Last year I had tons of fun doing a conscrtuction themed party. This year I am just struggling to get inspired at all! I think we will probably do a curious george theme but I can think of no good cake ideas, mainly because we are only having me, DS, DH, and both sets of grandparents. So it is only 7 of us, and DH and his folks aren't really sweet eaters, so they will only have tiny pieces. So I can't do a big cake or I will have TONS left over which I don't need and have nothing to do with.

Any ideas?

6 replies
anolan36 Posted 28 May 2009 , 4:29pm
post #2 of 7

What about a curious George Hat Cake? You know the big yellow hat the Guy wears sometime curious George wears...You could make the brim out of fondant and the hat itself wouldn't take up much cake.

Mylittleflutterby Posted 28 May 2009 , 4:33pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by anolan36

What about a curious George Hat Cake? You know the big yellow hat the Guy wears sometime curious George wears...You could make the brim out of fondant and the hat itself wouldn't take up much cake.

I was going to suggest the same thing.. you could also make a curious george figure and maybe hang it from the cake or something like that

bakermommy4 Posted 28 May 2009 , 4:34pm
post #4 of 7

I'm thinking maybe a small 8 incher with a Curious George theme and a few matching cupcakes...maybe even a 6 in cake with the cupcakes. You could even just do ONLY cupcakes, but I tried that for my 6 year old last year and she wasnt having it...I guess it just didn't seem like her birthday without an actual cake in her mind. And there was only my 4 girls, myself and hubby.

anolan36 Posted 28 May 2009 , 4:38pm
post #5 of 7

MyLittleflutterby......I love that Idea about the curious George figure hanging....a perfect finishing touch

revel Posted 28 May 2009 , 4:49pm
post #6 of 7

George hanging off the hat!

maggiev777 Posted 28 May 2009 , 7:33pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks for the encouragement and input, y'all! I've been perusing the gallery some more and am hopefully going to come up with something... I love the hat idea but I am **not** up for carving it! lol I am a wimp that way. I'm thinking of doing an 8" round with stripes down the side (primary colors, of course, since it is george), and a polka dot rug on top with a table and a birthday cake on it, a few presents and balloons (I know I can do those since I did them once before), and george there beside it. And a yellow hat, but I'm not sure how I'll incorporate it yet - but I can't leave it out since it is "so george"!

Anyway... I think I can manage to get myself motivated to do that. I don't know why I'm having such a hard time with it this time!!

Thanks again for the help!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%