Buyer Beware!!

Decorating By ski Updated 2 Jun 2009 , 4:32am by blondeez

ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 28 May 2009 , 3:04pm
post #1 of 11

I would like to inform all of our caking community to be very wary of purchasing ANYTHING from Madison art shop online. I ordered a projector from them 9 days ago, was told it was in stock and would be shipped next day. It is now 9 days later, several emails and phone calls, and absolutely no one has called or emailed me back. The order department can't tell me who to talk to and refuses to give me anyone who does know. All they have told me is , yes the item is available, and it normally is out and should be received in 1-4 days. Hummmmmmmmm. Use extreme caution in buying anything from this place, better yet don't buy anything from here, terrible customer service. Oh and just to let you know they are out of Jersey and I am in NY , one state away! icon_mad.gif

10 replies
cata29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cata29 Posted 28 May 2009 , 3:09pm
post #2 of 11

That is awful! I feel so terrible for you! Thanks for the heads up and hopefully you can get this resolve. And again sorry!

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 28 May 2009 , 3:10pm
post #3 of 11

That's unfortunate... I've used them on numerous occasions, with wonderful service. It's a family-owned biz, which makes me wonder if there isn't something going on. Either way it's not right for them to give you the run-around.

I don't know if you have been given anyone's name, but Beth is the head of customer service and Grace is the shipping manager... you might want to try and seek one of them out for some answers... not sure if their direct extensions are on the website at all, but I've dealt with them both in the past.

ski Posted 29 May 2009 , 1:55pm
post #4 of 11

Just an update...I lodged an inquirey with the BBB, they have 7 other similar complaints. I then called Kopykake in California to let them know of one of their distributors methods. I will say Kopykake rocks! They immediately got on the situation, and told me if I wasn't contacted by the Madison people , that Kopykake would gladly send my projector overnight! Now THAT is customer service A+. In any case I received an email from Madison about an hour later apologizing and ironically my projector is now on it's way. It is unfortunate that it had to go this far, however, serious kudos to Kopykake for still remembering how important customer service is!!! thumbs_up.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 29 May 2009 , 6:09pm
post #5 of 11

Always research about an unfamiliar online store before purchasing anything.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 29 May 2009 , 7:42pm
post #6 of 11

Well I'm glad that you got the situation figured out!!

ski Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 12:57pm
post #7 of 11

Yet another update on this nightmare! Madison Art lied to the Kopykake rep, they did NOT send my projector as promised. that's right I still don't have it and now we are 12 days into this mess! One cake customer disappointed already and potentially another if the dang thing doesn't come in the next day!! I again repeat, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH MADISON ART!!! They are VERY deceitful with their customers and their business associates! icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 5:52pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ski

Yet another update on this nightmare! Madison Art lied to the Kopykake rep, they did NOT send my projector as promised. that's right I still don't have it and now we are 12 days into this mess! One cake customer disappointed already and potentially another if the dang thing doesn't come in the next day!! I again repeat, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH MADISON ART!!! They are VERY deceitful with their customers and their business associates! icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

Just wanted to say, Im so sorry!!! *hugs*

I've had that happen recently with Wilton. (and I am a Wilton instructor!)
They sent my cake pans to the wrong address and a Wilton sales rep didn't apologize and then told me they would call me back with what FedEx is doing. They said they had to investigate it. Never got a call back. Waited a week, called Wilton and they didn't have note from the first time I called. Had to start the process all over. Finally, someone called me back, apologized, confirmed that they sent my package to the wrong address, put in a claim form and re-sent out my package. In all? 28 days to receive my cake pans!!

I do have to say, Wilton apologized the second time and sent me a free leveling scoop. So I'm not complaining anymore. Just wanted to share that I've been through this just recently and I TOTALLY understand your frustration!

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 6:31pm
post #9 of 11

If you used a credit card you can call them and they might stop payment for you. You can cancel it. Get one from Kopykake. Sorry I got to this late.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:24am
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RylanTy

Always research about an unfamiliar online store before purchasing anything.

i couldn't agree more!

i've had a similar situation...and never again!

blondeez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondeez Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:32am
post #11 of 11

Sorry to hear this happened to you. I know how frustrating this must be. Hopefully you can get this resolved quickly with out further dissappointment.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%