Getting A Cake Out Of The Pan

Decorating By dars03 Updated 29 May 2009 , 3:40am by tonimarie

dars03 Posted 28 May 2009 , 1:20pm
post #1 of 15

I have to make a cake tonight for tomorrow and I can't get the cake to release from the pan in one piece. It's a 9x13 pan and it keeps sticking in the corners. icon_cry.gif I've tried cooking spray and I've tried greasing and flouring the pan and it still sticks in the corners. Can anyone help?

14 replies
debster Posted 28 May 2009 , 1:36pm
post #2 of 15

I take 1 cup flour 1 cup oil 1 cup shortening mix in mixer for 5 min to make my own pan release nothing sticks once you lay down a heavy coat.

sara91 Posted 28 May 2009 , 1:42pm
post #3 of 15

Why not line it in baking paper?

tonimarie Posted 28 May 2009 , 1:45pm
post #4 of 15

Do you have parchment paper? If you do, line the pan with that. I would highly recommend buying some if you don't. I purchase it from Alison's Pantry - it come in sheets that fit perfect on a cookie sheet, but I cut it to fit cake pans icon_smile.gif The other thing you might try is to gently go around the edges with a knife before you try to take it out of the pan HTH

dars03 Posted 28 May 2009 , 1:49pm
post #5 of 15

I have parchment paper and foil and it never occurred to me to use wither one to line the pan.

G_Cakes Posted 28 May 2009 , 1:51pm
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by debster

I take 1 cup flour 1 cup oil 1 cup shortening mix in mixer for 5 min to make my own pan release nothing sticks once you lay down a heavy coat.

what a great idea I love it! gonna have to try it

Frankyola Posted 28 May 2009 , 2:55pm
post #7 of 15
Quote:

That is what I use and I love it, never have problems, that is the best. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

bashini Posted 28 May 2009 , 3:06pm
post #8 of 15

Alaways line my cake tins with parchments paper. icon_smile.gif

anolan36 Posted 28 May 2009 , 4:17pm
post #9 of 15

I only use canola oil---no flour or any thing else, I run a knife around the edges first tip over on cake board and it is beautiful every time.... I have never had a problem........yet anwaysicon_smile.gif

becklynn Posted 28 May 2009 , 4:25pm
post #10 of 15
Quote:

I use the homemade pan release too and have never had a problem. Mix up a batch a store it in a jar until needed. It's great! Does not need to be regfrigerated!
Good luck!

G_Cakes Posted 28 May 2009 , 8:25pm
post #11 of 15

ok I mad up a batch of the home made cake release and WOW it worked like a charm!!!

I wish I had known about this sooner! but hey thats why we have sites like CC and such great people I must add!

I love this place! and I dont think I will ever grease, flour or line another pan as long as I bake LOL!!

alene Posted 28 May 2009 , 9:13pm
post #12 of 15

I NEVER bake a cake without lining the bottom with parchment paper but I still put baking spray on the sides. I never have a problem anymore.

tonimarie Posted 28 May 2009 , 9:50pm
post #13 of 15

icon_confused.gif I'm imagining the homemade pan release to be kind of like sludge........do you spread it around with a paper towel, or with you hand??? I'm curious now, thinking maybe I should try it, but need a little more info!

debster Posted 28 May 2009 , 9:57pm
post #14 of 15

ToniMarie..............you can use a paper towel , but I like a pastry brush the best. This stuff beats Wiltons and much cheaper to make and lasts a long time I make a 4 C batch each time I do it, nothing to go bad in it. Well I guess the oil would get sticky but I use too much of it for that to happen. Enjoy!!!!

tonimarie Posted 29 May 2009 , 3:40am
post #15 of 15

Thank You Debster icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%