Getting A Cake Out Of The Pan

Decorating By dars03 Updated 29 May 2009 , 3:40am by tonimarie

dars03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dars03 Posted 28 May 2009 , 1:20pm
post #1 of 15

I have to make a cake tonight for tomorrow and I can't get the cake to release from the pan in one piece. It's a 9x13 pan and it keeps sticking in the corners. icon_cry.gif I've tried cooking spray and I've tried greasing and flouring the pan and it still sticks in the corners. Can anyone help?

14 replies
debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 28 May 2009 , 1:36pm
post #2 of 15

I take 1 cup flour 1 cup oil 1 cup shortening mix in mixer for 5 min to make my own pan release nothing sticks once you lay down a heavy coat.

sara91 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sara91 Posted 28 May 2009 , 1:42pm
post #3 of 15

Why not line it in baking paper?

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 28 May 2009 , 1:45pm
post #4 of 15

Do you have parchment paper? If you do, line the pan with that. I would highly recommend buying some if you don't. I purchase it from Alison's Pantry - it come in sheets that fit perfect on a cookie sheet, but I cut it to fit cake pans icon_smile.gif The other thing you might try is to gently go around the edges with a knife before you try to take it out of the pan HTH

dars03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dars03 Posted 28 May 2009 , 1:49pm
post #5 of 15

I have parchment paper and foil and it never occurred to me to use wither one to line the pan.

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 28 May 2009 , 1:51pm
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by debster

I take 1 cup flour 1 cup oil 1 cup shortening mix in mixer for 5 min to make my own pan release nothing sticks once you lay down a heavy coat.

what a great idea I love it! gonna have to try it

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 28 May 2009 , 2:55pm
post #7 of 15
Quote:

That is what I use and I love it, never have problems, that is the best. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 28 May 2009 , 3:06pm
post #8 of 15

Alaways line my cake tins with parchments paper. icon_smile.gif

anolan36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anolan36 Posted 28 May 2009 , 4:17pm
post #9 of 15

I only use canola oil---no flour or any thing else, I run a knife around the edges first tip over on cake board and it is beautiful every time.... I have never had a problem........yet anwaysicon_smile.gif

becklynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becklynn Posted 28 May 2009 , 4:25pm
post #10 of 15
Quote:

I use the homemade pan release too and have never had a problem. Mix up a batch a store it in a jar until needed. It's great! Does not need to be regfrigerated!
Good luck!

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 28 May 2009 , 8:25pm
post #11 of 15

ok I mad up a batch of the home made cake release and WOW it worked like a charm!!!

I wish I had known about this sooner! but hey thats why we have sites like CC and such great people I must add!

I love this place! and I dont think I will ever grease, flour or line another pan as long as I bake LOL!!

alene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alene Posted 28 May 2009 , 9:13pm
post #12 of 15

I NEVER bake a cake without lining the bottom with parchment paper but I still put baking spray on the sides. I never have a problem anymore.

tonimarie Posted 28 May 2009 , 9:50pm
post #13 of 15

icon_confused.gif I'm imagining the homemade pan release to be kind of like sludge........do you spread it around with a paper towel, or with you hand??? I'm curious now, thinking maybe I should try it, but need a little more info!

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 28 May 2009 , 9:57pm
post #14 of 15

ToniMarie..............you can use a paper towel , but I like a pastry brush the best. This stuff beats Wiltons and much cheaper to make and lasts a long time I make a 4 C batch each time I do it, nothing to go bad in it. Well I guess the oil would get sticky but I use too much of it for that to happen. Enjoy!!!!

tonimarie Posted 29 May 2009 , 3:40am
post #15 of 15

Thank You Debster icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%