Ran Out Of Sleeve Filling - Advice Needed

Decorating By beachcakes Updated 28 May 2009 , 5:16pm by beachcakes

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 28 May 2009 , 12:58pm
post #1 of 4

I thought I had another sleeve of choc. bavarian cream. icon_cry.gif I have about 2/3 sleeve in the fridge from last week and it won't be enough for a 16" cake. I refuse to pay $20 + to overnight one.

I have vanilla bav. cream sleeves - do you think I can mix the two and add something to make it chocolatey? The cake needs to sit out, as it's too wide to fit in the fridge. I'm pretty sure the snack pack type puddings need to be refrigerated after opening, so I don't want to use those. And I cannot get Bettercreme or Pastry Pride around here. sniffle sniffle...

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

3 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 28 May 2009 , 1:06pm
post #2 of 4

That is what I would do, mix what you have left of the chocolate one with the vanilla, then add some cocoa to get it to where you want it to be......you could possibly use melted chocolate?? (not sure how that would mix - tyr a small amount first!)

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 28 May 2009 , 1:07pm
post #3 of 4

Mix the two together, and if it's not chocolaty enough for you, just add a little bit of melted chocolate. Or you could mix in some chocolate pudding mix (I'd mix it with a little bit of liquid first so that you don't have powdered clumps)

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 28 May 2009 , 5:16pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks so much! You are lifesavers!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%