Omg! Please Help! Wonder Mold Stand Up Doll Pan Question!

Decorating By The_Sugar_Fairy Updated 28 May 2009 , 4:27pm by stampinron

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 28 May 2009 , 11:04am
post #1 of 7

I'm using the Wilton Wonder Mold Stand Up Doll Pan. The rod doesn't attach to anything! Is it supposed to?? HELP asap please please!

6 replies
maisyone2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maisyone2 Posted 28 May 2009 , 11:14am
post #2 of 7

There should be a nut and bolt type thingy that secures the base to the mold. The bolt type thingy should be positioned on the inside of the mold and the nut that secures it on the outside. The rod then fits over the bolt type thingy. Make sure you grease and flour that rod just like you do the rest of the pan.

I do a pretty fair amount of doll cakes (see an example in my photos), so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

HTH
Gayle
SE MI

qt601 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qt601 Posted 28 May 2009 , 11:16am
post #3 of 7

Yes. There should be a screw with a bolt that attaches to the bottom that holds the heating core(rod) in place.

The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 28 May 2009 , 11:17am
post #4 of 7

The rod DOES NOT fit over the nut at the bottom. It's too small. I wonder if Wilton put the wrong rod in the box.

The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 28 May 2009 , 11:25am
post #5 of 7

Oh wow, I'm stupid! I had the thing upside down - the nut inside the pan instead of outside. Sorry 'bout that all! I haven't had much sleep because I have two little ones. Thanks though!

maisyone2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maisyone2 Posted 28 May 2009 , 3:58pm
post #6 of 7

At least you figured it out. That's the main thing. Good Luck and make sure to post a picture when you are done!!

Gayle
SE MI

stampinron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stampinron Posted 28 May 2009 , 4:27pm
post #7 of 7

Wilton makes alot of mistakes in their pan sets. I've had things missing out of the class boxes and had to take those back several times. Had to take the castle set back due to missing parts as well, for a friend of mine. So now I always check the boxes to make sure I haven't missed any pieces. Maybe it is just my Micheal's, but sounds like your box of Wonder pans is missing part of the nut set. Take it back for an exchange, good luck. I use that pan all the time and love it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%