Frustrated For No Reason. Am I Crazy?

Lounge By Rylan Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 5:22pm by 7yyrt

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 28 May 2009 , 7:52am
post #1 of 14

Today, I feel so frustrated for no reason. I feels like there an itch that I can't reach. I really really have no idea why I'm so frustrated. I just want cry and I don't know why. I just want to rip my chest open. I tried to hold my breath but it won't work. It seems like I'm so mad but there isn't really anything to be mad about. Is there anything wrong with me? Am I going crazy? I'm scared...what if I do something wrong while I'm sleeping? I really just want to cry...

13 replies
shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 28 May 2009 , 10:53am
post #2 of 14

If you feel like crying...let it out. You'll feel better. You're not crazy, this happens to me from time to time and it always passes.
Does this happen to you often? Are you doing any better now?

Rylan Posted 28 May 2009 , 11:11am
post #3 of 14

Thanks for the reply shelbur. Actually, this is the first time this thing has happened. I feel mad, frustrated and crying for no reason. Even if my day is such a good day. Right now I feel a lot lot better. Do you think this is normal or am I having some type of mental problem?

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 28 May 2009 , 11:41am
post #4 of 14

Is this something that you feel all the time, or just every once in a while? Has it been going on for more than a couple days?
For me, I think it's stress overload. I can feel myself getting to the breaking point when I have too much going on, then boom - I feel much like you do. But it passes in a day or so for me.
I think it could very well be stress, I think I read in another post that you're out of work right now? That's incredibly difficult. However, if it's more than an every once in a while occurance, you might do well to see your doctor. I personally wouldn't start out with a mental health professional. It's very likely that some chemical or hormone is "off" making you feel like this. It could even be a vitamin deficiency or something like that. I notice that you're losing weight, that might be messing with your system. Please don't assume that you're crazy!! Human bodies are a delicate balance, just one little thing that's not quite right can make you feel crazy sometimes!
Good luck and feel free to PM me if you ever need to talk. (Not that I know a lot about it or anything, but I'm a good listener.) icon_wink.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 28 May 2009 , 12:25pm
post #5 of 14

Your not going crazy....It's a tough economy and people's stress levels are out of wack...I feel quite frustrated daily in fact..I see all these younger couples..(well I'm only 40 but all the young Mom's at my kids school are in their early 20's and 30's it seems) I see them bragging about have their homes close to being paid off....new cars...comfortable living..or so it seems and hubby and I re-started out 14 years ago after 2 nasty divorces and lost everything accumulated...had to pay out ex's etc...we are now just getting out of debt..no where near having our house paid off....can't afford a new vehicle although ours is in good condition and a fairly newer model 2002...we live paycheck to paycheck.....but everything is paid....with not much leftover...we like everyone else lost about $30,000 on our retirements savings when the markets crashed.I'm frustrated all the time..I think ...can't we catch a break!! I'm tired of always telling my kids that we can't afford it...but we can't!! Luckily here in Canada the economy did not crash as bad as the US but the cost of living still rises and wages don't...

You are not alone!!! It will get better!!

Rylan Posted 28 May 2009 , 1:28pm
post #6 of 14

Shelbur, Thanks for listening. I messaged pm'ed you earlier.

Kiddiekakes, I totally know where you are coming from. Two divorces? We all really need a break.

I'm glad to know I'm not going crazy.

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 28 May 2009 , 3:21pm
post #7 of 14

So i'm saying its the weather icon_lol.gif I can't do this 100 degree thing already, that has me really pulling my hair out..seriously, why do we do it. It shouldn't be this damn hot and its still only May. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Sorry, i'm sure I didn't help at all but maybe it made you smile just a little.

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 28 May 2009 , 4:13pm
post #8 of 14

your not going crazy
that exact feeling happens to me once every few months.
you are going along fine and all of a sudden , wham - you just want to fall down to the floor crying out of frustration and anger but its at nothing in specific.
just a general feeling.

for me it really helps to just give into it for a couple of minutes and cry my heart out, and i feel totally better after, like it had never happened.

i think its probably stress and frustration getting bottled up and put aside and sometimes that bottle just overflows and it needs to be emptied out.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 28 May 2009 , 4:28pm
post #9 of 14

I feel that way sometimes, more often during the winter months. I've started tracking it, what is going on in my life, how I feel, and what time of the month it is, to see if this feeling might be related to anything specific.

Hard exercise is what helps me the most.

Rylan Posted 28 May 2009 , 9:39pm
post #10 of 14

Thanks girls for all the help. I just had never experience something like this before and thought I was getting crazy. I feel a lot lot better now though. THANKS AGAIN!

kimmisue2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmisue2009 Posted 29 May 2009 , 12:11am
post #11 of 14

Are you anywhere between 35 and 40?

Jen80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jen80 Posted 31 May 2009 , 12:49pm
post #12 of 14

No you're not going crazy. It sounds as though your hormones/adrenals are a bit out of wack. Have a cry icon_cry.gif . It does release some pressure. This happened to me when I went on the pill when I was 19. I now know I can't handle any synthetic hormones because I felt like I was going crazy. If it happens again take a step back from everything, relax and accept it, (you will not be put into a mental institution thumbs_up.gif ) because the added tension of wandering "what is this?" and "why is it happening to me?" will only add to the stress of the feeling and make it worse. The most natural way of getting that normal feeling back again when your hormones are out of balance is to balance your Omegas. We need a higher rate of 6's to 3's but with our modern diet we are having way too many more 6's. So to bring your 3's back up again is with Flax. Not the oil thumbsdown.gif because it goes rancid too easy (the oil is already most likely rancid when you buy it icon_mad.gif ). Get the whole seeds, grind them in a blender, keep them in the freezer and have about 1-2 tablespoons in yoghurt or whatever else you like everyday. It's also a good idea to drink heaps of water because our spinal fluid contains a lot of water and when you become too dehydrated the spinal fluid thins and your spinal disks start pushing on nerves and this can lead to this kind of feeling as well.

Jen80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jen80 Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 3:07pm
post #13 of 14

Hey guys,
I've just heard that your natural health laws there are getting pretty strict. Should I delete my last post? Will I get into trouble for posting that sort of info?

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 5:22pm
post #14 of 14

Nah, they try it every 10 years or so. Little money to be made compared to selling pills.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%