Beach Wedding Cake

Decorating By Bev55 Updated 29 May 2009 , 3:02am by cheesecakes-galore

Bev55 Posted 28 May 2009 , 3:00am
post #1 of 5

I will need to make a wedding cake for a small wedding (50 people?). It is a two tiered cake with pink roses and chocolate shells. I'm thinking an 8 inch top tier and a 10 inch bottom tier, or maybe a 6 inch top tier and a 10 inch bottom tier. Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
jammjenks Posted 28 May 2009 , 3:53am
post #2 of 5

It sounds like you are on the right track. What shape are the tiers? What help do you need? There are lots of experts and ameteurs alike who would love to help you out.

anolan36 Posted 28 May 2009 , 4:45pm
post #3 of 5

Yes, what shape do you plan to use? Round, square, heart? I think that always makes a difference.

I just did a 2-layer for a baby shower tonight of 50+ people.....I did a 12 inch/3 inch deep for the bottom, and a 8 inch/3 inch deep for the top....it is square and looks like more than enough.

Bev55 Posted 29 May 2009 , 2:49am
post #4 of 5

I plan to use round cake layers with 4 columns between the top and bottom tier. The cake will be vanilla buttercream with chocolate shells on the sides and pink roses between the layers and on tops with some more shells. I just want to make sure their is enough cake since I am making this for a friend of mine so she is only paying for supplies. I keep on thinking maybe I should go with an 8-inch top layer and a 10-inc h bottom layer. What do you think?

cheesecakes-galore Posted 29 May 2009 , 3:02am
post #5 of 5

I know a 6 and 10 round serves 50 going by the wilton chart. But since you are doing if for a friend, and are worried about there being enough cake, the 8 and 10 should do just fine. That should get you 62 servings.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%