Golf Bag Cake

Decorating By NatalieJohnson Updated 31 May 2009 , 3:37pm by ibmoser

NatalieJohnson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NatalieJohnson Posted 28 May 2009 , 2:57am
post #1 of 5

Hi,
Does anyone have instructions for making a golf bag cake? I've seen lots of great ones in the gallery, but no instructions. Thanks. Natalie

4 replies
cinjam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinjam Posted 31 May 2009 , 1:08am
post #2 of 5

I've done one golf bag cake (it's in my photos), but I don;t have instructions - kind of winged it! I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have though!

Jeannem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannem Posted 31 May 2009 , 2:07pm
post #3 of 5

Not sure what you're looking for..if you go to Wilton.com and search golf, they offer lots of ideas. The "It's tee off time" cake doesn't need a specialty pan. Great ideas for the glove, clubs etc. HTH

Jocmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jocmom Posted 31 May 2009 , 2:18pm
post #4 of 5

The golf bag cake in my gallery was made using the Wilton golf bag cake pan. I added fondant and white chocolate extras.

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 31 May 2009 , 3:37pm
post #5 of 5

I saw a wonderful demo on a half-bag. She used 4 - 8" cake rounds and cut them in half vertically so that she had 8 half rounds. You could use more for larger diameter or fewer for smaller to keep the proportions better. She used cardboards between each 2 layers cut to an inch smaller in diameter than the cake (and then, obviously, cut in half) and lined them up together, cut side down, to make what looked like half of a golf bag. Covered in fondant and made the details from fondant and modeling chocolate. Very nice - wish I had taken my camera along icon_rolleyes.gif .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%