Food Network Challenge Blind Date Cake - "glass" S

Decorating By ANik2Grls Updated 18 Jul 2009 , 12:06am by secondchoice

mrsmudrash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmudrash Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 9:25pm
post #91 of 94

I was watching Food Network's Rock and Roll Challenge and Susan Notter gives some step by step instructions for making sugar records with sugar/water. It's right in the middle of the show. She didn't use anything else but sugar and water. I thought that was interesting...here is her instructions that were on the screen during the show:
*2:1 ratio of sugar to cold water
*wisk every so often on medium heat until sugar dissolves. Turn it up a bit and bring to boil until it reaches 340 degrees.
*Add coloring while it's boiling so any liquid in the color evaporates out
*Set pan on ice/water bath to help cool it down.
*Wait until the consistancy of honey to pour it
*Pour in steady stream into center of mold
*Wait till cool to pop out

She used a circular metal container without a bottom and poured it right onto the siltpat mat.
Hope that helps! icon_smile.gif

Nestley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nestley Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 5:39am
post #92 of 94

I record the show and just had the opportunity to watch it tonight. I can always count on my CC family to have the answers to all of my questions. Thanks guys for your instructions to how to make those beautiful sugar tiles.

giraffe11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giraffe11 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 4:46am
post #93 of 94

I finally finished my tile cake. There are a few views of it in my photos. I was happy with how it turned out and it was a big hit!
Thanks to everyone here for sharing your ideas and experiences.

secondchoice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
secondchoice Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 12:06am
post #94 of 94

I have never tryed to make the glass icon_redface.gif and am looking for a good recipe to use. What was yours?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%