Decorated Cake Length Of Storage??

Decorating By laborrn2 Updated 28 May 2009 , 4:05am by kansaswolf

laborrn2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laborrn2 Posted 28 May 2009 , 12:36am
post #1 of 6

How many days would you advise a fully decorated cake can be refrigerated before delivery without affecting quality or drying out? Just wondering if decorated in the fridge is ok for 3 days with delivery on the 3rd day??? Thanks!!

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 28 May 2009 , 12:57am
post #2 of 6

If you can box it and put that into a plastic bag it will be just fine.
Just remember, the longer you have it, the less time it will stay fresh for the customer - after the event.

laborrn2 Posted 28 May 2009 , 2:07am
post #3 of 6

great! thanks! I will definitely bag and box it. Appreciate the tip....

K

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 May 2009 , 3:20am
post #4 of 6

It's been posted on here that according to Cook's Illustrated, the process that causes a cake to go stale is halted when a cake is frozen, but it's accelerated when a cake is refrigerated. So following the logic, putting a cake in the refrigerator will make it go staler faster.

laborrn2 Posted 28 May 2009 , 3:55am
post #5 of 6

OH. Even if frosted? It seems that the crusted BC would insulate it from staling. Obviously, I can't freeze a BC frosted, 2-tier cake! My BC is room-temp stable, so should I leave it out??

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 28 May 2009 , 4:05am
post #6 of 6

If my filling and frosting is room-temp stable, I always leave mine out... I've yet to have any problems with it. Also, I don't know why you COULDN'T freeze a BC cake, other than not having enough freezer space... Anyway, hopefully you find something that works for you! Good luck! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%