Help-Dairy Free Frosting For Chocolate Cake

Decorating By katiecake Updated 28 May 2009 , 1:07am by mom2owen1

katiecake Posted 27 May 2009 , 10:50pm
post #1 of 2

can anyone recommend a dairy free frosting for a chocolate cake, I have some dream whip but dont know what to do with it
thanks in advance

1 reply
mom2owen1 Posted 28 May 2009 , 1:07am
post #2 of 2

I have been keeping an eye out for dairy free whipped topping, so your post caught my eye! I went on a search for the ingredients for Dream Whip and found that it is not dairy free. The non-dairy on the label probably refers to lactose free. If you are wanting to make a diary free frosting due to allergies, this would not work.

Kraft, the owners of Dream Whip, did say on their website that the ingredients could vary depend on manufacturing facility, so check your box. but it is possible yours contains dairy.

here is where i found the ingredients: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_ingredients_in_Dream_Whip_topping_mix

sugar, dextrose, partially hydrogenated vegetable oil (coconut and palm kernel oils), modified cornstarch, propylene glycol monostearate (emulsifier), sodium caseinate (from milk), and less than 2% of cellulose gel, cellulose gum, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, natural and artificial flavor, acetylate mono- and diglycerides (emulsifiers), sodium silicoaluminate (anticaking agent), yellow 5, yellow 6.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%