Please Help!!

Decorating By Gloria72777 Updated 28 May 2009 , 12:12am by Gloria72777

Gloria72777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gloria72777 Posted 27 May 2009 , 9:48pm
post #1 of 10

Could anyone give me or point me in the right direction for a good tasting glue to add my decorations on my cake? Your help will be very appreciated. Thanks so much, Gloria icon_biggrin.gif

9 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 27 May 2009 , 9:50pm
post #2 of 10

If you're wanting to glue fondant to fondant or fondant to buttercream, just brush a little bit of water on the back of the piece and it will stick on. You can also mix a little meringue powder and water and use that for glue.

Zahrah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zahrah Posted 27 May 2009 , 9:52pm
post #3 of 10

Hi Gloria. What, exactly are you wanting to 'glue' to your cake? For example, if you're placing fondant on your cake, simply wetting the back of the fondant decoration will make it stick (ensuring not to get it too wet or it will slide out of place). So what exactly are you trying to do? This will help someone answer you..

Gloria72777 Posted 27 May 2009 , 10:00pm
post #4 of 10

I guess I should have said what I wanted it for.....LOL

I had made flowers and butterflies ahead of time and water isn't working....I am guessing they are too hard. They aren't flat. They kind of look like they pop out. I knew my new friends on cake central would know!!!!

suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 27 May 2009 , 10:08pm
post #5 of 10

Melted chocolate or candy melts; tylose glue. I use all these. Someone said meringue powder and water for glue but I haven't tried that.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 27 May 2009 , 10:09pm
post #6 of 10

Melted chocolate works great and the candy melts come in many colors.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 27 May 2009 , 10:10pm
post #7 of 10

You can use a little buttercream, or, my personal preference, melted chocolate. Yes! You can glue fondant items onto a buttercream cake with chocolate!

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 27 May 2009 , 10:13pm
post #8 of 10

Candy melts thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Lineah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lineah Posted 27 May 2009 , 10:16pm
post #9 of 10

you can make tylose glue if you have tylose. Just a little bit of powder and water, wait about 20 min or so and you have edible glue that doesn't have a taste (if you do alot of water it will take it longer to get to a glue consistancy) you can also make fondant glue. Take about a walnut size piece of fondant and about 3 tbs of water, pick the fondant into little peasize pieces or smaller into the water. mix with a toothpick...you have to wait a bit longer for the fondant to disolve in the water usually overnight...HTH

Gloria72777 Posted 28 May 2009 , 12:12am
post #10 of 10

wow....thanks for all the help....you guys are great!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%