Anyone Tried Both Versions Of Michele's Fondant? 2Tbsp/3Tbsp

Decorating By jennafezz Updated 27 May 2009 , 10:58pm by jennafezz

jennafezz Posted 27 May 2009 , 6:53pm
post #1 of 3

I first tried out MFF when she posted the updated version that said to use 3 tbsp of glycerin/gelatin/butter. It turned out really well for me, and I'm generally happy with it.

I read just now that the 3 tbsp was a mistake, and that the correct measure is 2tbsp. Has anyone tried making both versions? What is the difference? Is it worth it for me to try the 2tbsp recipe if the 3tbsp one is working out for me?

2 replies
shanna_banana Posted 27 May 2009 , 10:49pm
post #2 of 3

I used the 2T version and it worked out great. It was my first time using fondant so I have nothing to compare it to, but I liked it.

If you liked the 3T version, then I would stick to that. I did have to work in a little extra glycerin when it got too dry, so maybe the 3T might work better. But I also think I used too much powdered sugar.

So basically I'm not much help, am I?? icon_sad.gif You could try sending a PM to Michele. I know there are plenty of others who have more experience than I do. But as the saying goes.."If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

jennafezz Posted 27 May 2009 , 10:58pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks icon_smile.gif Normally I would just try it, and I will eventually, but my next batch that I'm making tonight has to work perfectly for a cake I'm making tomorrow, so I guess I'll just stick with the 3tbsp.

Quote by @%username% on %date%