How Do You Do The Swirly Design With Ri On Cookies?

Baking By ddaigle Updated 27 May 2009 , 3:48pm by ddaigle

ddaigle Posted 27 May 2009 , 3:31pm
post #1 of 4

I'm specificially talking about the butterfly cookies I have seen in the gallery. It's done with a toothpick, but how? I am not a cookie guru but will be making some butterfly cookies today and would like to do that effect.

3 replies
Misdawn Posted 27 May 2009 , 3:40pm
post #2 of 4

You first have to outline the cookie with RI. Make sure it's just thick enough that nothing will run out off the side of the cookie. Then flood the cookie with some thin RI. Finally, Place a drop or thin line of even thinner RI where you would like the swirls to be and using a toothpick, swirl around gently and lightly. You might mess up one or two cookies at first, but you'll get the hang of it very quickly.

brincess_b Posted 27 May 2009 , 3:41pm
post #3 of 4

the ones im thinking off, you would pipe a line of icing, and drag through it with a tooth pick. very pretty!

ddaigle Posted 27 May 2009 , 3:48pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks ladies! I'll give it a whirl.

Quote by @%username% on %date%