Decorating Choc Buttercream Cakes - Ugh

Decorating By ladixiechic1 Updated 27 May 2009 , 6:19pm by Cakepro

ladixiechic1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladixiechic1 Posted 27 May 2009 , 3:28pm
post #1 of 8

FOGIVE ME BUT I AM VENTING - I DO NOT LIKE DECORATING CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM ICED CAKES. NOTHING SEEMS TO LOOK GOOD ON THESE. I HAVE TO MAKE ONE FOR A LADIES BIRTDAY AND NOTHING SEEMS TO LOOK GOOD ON THESE icon_sad.gif

7 replies
ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 27 May 2009 , 3:34pm
post #2 of 8

I know...I used to hate decorating chocolate cakes too. Bright colors look good...neon green..hot pink. I have a lot of chocolate cakes in my gallery if you would like some ideas.

goldenegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goldenegg Posted 27 May 2009 , 3:39pm
post #3 of 8

hrmm... not sure what type of deco you're goin for but what about dark choc ganache poured on top with BC roses or choc curls? here's a couple nice examples:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1164894

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1016843

HTH! icon_biggrin.gif

bebea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bebea Posted 27 May 2009 , 3:46pm
post #4 of 8

tiffany blue goes great w/ choc brown - saw a wedding cake like that a couple years ago. light pink or ivory would work great, too.

look thru the galleries here - i have seen several color combos based on brown.

ladixiechic1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladixiechic1 Posted 27 May 2009 , 4:00pm
post #5 of 8

THANKS FOR THE REPLYS. THEY WERE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING FEMININE. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING IN ALL THE GALLERIES AND I HAVE SEEN SOME BEAUTIFUL CAKES BUT THEY SEEM TO BE GROOMS CAKES AND NON-DESCRIPT CAKES. icon_confused.gif GUESS I WILL KEEP SEARCHING.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 27 May 2009 , 4:11pm
post #6 of 8

Pink flowers and ribbons would work...

keystone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keystone Posted 27 May 2009 , 5:36pm
post #7 of 8

I've oen two cake recently and was "surprised" that I ended up liking them. One was decorated with a lite purple bow, circles and daisies with purple centers. Looked really pretty. The other one had lite yellow and green stripes on the sides with flowers inbetween that were pink, lite purple and yellow. Both cakes were feminine and pretty. They were hits at the birthdays so I am told.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 27 May 2009 , 6:19pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladixiechic1

FOGIVE ME BUT I AM VENTING - I DO NOT LIKE DECORATING CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM ICED CAKES. NOTHING SEEMS TO LOOK GOOD ON THESE. I HAVE TO MAKE ONE FOR A LADIES BIRTDAY AND NOTHING SEEMS TO LOOK GOOD ON THESE icon_sad.gif

Please turn off your caps lock - it is the Internet equivalent of SCREAMING your message at people (and is considered not nice icon_smile.gif).

Here's one I like. It was done by cakestrings. This is how I decorate all of my Course 1, Lesson 1 cakes now, since I can take all of my various leftover bowls of colored icing, add some rich, dark baking cocoa, and voila ~ chocolate icing! I leave all of my Course 1, Lesson 1 cakes for the employees at the two stores where I teach and they love them. And this cake is a really fast and easy one to decorate in a short amount of time.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%